Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I hope you enjoy the new site version. It consolidates everything “Symbiostock” into one place.

Please enjoy the layout as well. The theme that runs this site is being transformed to also handle a Symbiostock install. Just look through the “Academia” documentation and that is what will be branched into the new Symbiostock theme.

Symbiostock’s functionality though will be in a plugin, free, compatible with any theme of your choosing (assuming it has woocommerce compatibility)

Hope everyone is doing well!

Leo

Profile photo of LesPalenik
    LesPalenik
    Participant

Leo,

is Academia a replacement for the original Symbiostock wordpress theme?
    And if so, what is involved in such a conversion / upgrade?

Will you create a forum section or a thread, devoted to the upgrade process / recommended approach?

Thanks,

Les

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Here is something to explain a bit more:

Symbiostock – Near Future Updates

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Thanks for the update Leo – am currently exploring the new site – got lost a few times but finding my way around. Curious as to why this thread is not at the top as it is the most recent, took me a while to find it ?

Interested to learn that the new version will be able to sell physical items as well as I have just started painting again after a break of many years as well as investing in a lovely new printer to sell prints of my images

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of rolfo
    rolfo
    Participant

Thank you Leo looks great!!

Profile photo of rolfo
    rolfo
    Participant

Hi Leo I could get Woocommerce in German and there is already a German language (and for many other languages) file available for Avada. Will there be a po-file for Symbiostock with all words used on the front-end (the backend doesn’t need to be translated) this would be an important point for me.
    I would also paying for an agency version the combination with Avada and Woocoommerce would make it possible to me to create a local market and meetingplace around photography from my area. I know this leads away from the original idea of Symbiostock but many people don’t wanna have their own site and doing their own marketing they only want to submit, sell and meet. It could be financial beneficial for you as a agency software normally costs several hundred dollars.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

No problem.

This new version is going to be as perfectly aimed as possible. I will be sure to include a translation file for people.

Regarding creating a market on your site, I’m pretty sure the setup would natively support it, but anything needed for photographers like yourself and @christine can be built in as well.

Could I go so far as to aim for this:

Symbiostock (woocommerce version) could be the standardly relied on self-hosting microstock system?

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

BTW – to Christine – Community > Latest Topics should show the newest. Let me know if it is working for you.

Profile photo of rolfo
    rolfo
    Participant

That sounds awesome Leo really looking forward to get the new version!

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Hi Leo, yes that works, will probably be the best way of using the forum 🙂

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of Snap Vectors
    Snap Vectors
    Participant

Awesome! Thanks Leo! I can’t wait to see the new plugin, and be able to use WooCommerce in my site.

Thanks,
    Nate

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.