Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

http://www.symbiostockvideo.com/

Just setting up my video site.
    It needs a lot of work on presentation but its functional now

Must also say thanks to Cascoly without him it wouldn’t have been possible.

Profile photo of Easybuyphotos.com
    Easybuyphotos.com
    Participant

My own stock video site would really interest me too, but I have 2,500 clips and I’m sure hosting would be $$$$$. Congrats Mark on starting yours I will be interested to follow your progress.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

Going where no one’s gone before…..

another example of symbio’s flexibility! and glad to see the zip price is showing up!

@easybuy: storage is still pretty cheap these days, so you might start with some tests on your existing site.

Now to get started adding my clips…

Easybuyphotos.com
    Participant

I just put a Pond5 widget on a stock video page on my site for the time being.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

@easybuyphotos.com wrote:

yes, but that pops them over to pond5 where the can also see & compare everyone else’s videos

I’m raising my prices on pond 5, and doing cheaper prices on symbiostock. then get 100%

Easybuyphotos.com
    Participant

@cascoly wrote:

yes, but that pops them over to pond5 where the can also see & compare everyone else’s videos

No different to people who have links to Alamy on their Symbiostock sites. When there is a video solution that works and is easy to upload too I will put content on my site.

Easybuyphotos.com
    Participant

@markscatesphotography wrote:

I’m raising my prices on pond 5, and doing cheaper prices on symbiostock. then get 100%

$15 to $20 is leaving money on the table, cheapest price at Shutterstock for an HD file is $79

@markscatesphotography wrote:

$15 to $20 is leaving money on the table, cheapest price at Shutterstock for an HD file is $79

Thank you for pointing that out. I will adjust my pricing

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

my point wasn’t that you’re competing with your images on pond, but that you’ll be sending people to pond itself where they may find other videos. of course they might find pond themselves, but why make it easy? same argument applies to linking from your site to alamy or any other agency.

at least within the sym network, there’s mutual display and referrals

@cascoly wrote:

my point wasn’t that you’re competing with your images on pond, but that you’ll be sending people to pond itself where they may find other videos. of course they might find pond themselves, but why make it easy? same argument applies to linking from your site to alamy or any other agency.

at least within the sym network, there’s mutual display and referrals

I can use the embed code from pond to display video on my site, but there is no link to it.

Profile photo of CrackerClips
    CrackerClips
    Participant

I’ll be following Marks progress with great interest as well. Like Easybuyphotos I’ve got a few thousand clips and there needs to be an easy and cost effective way to get all that material online. I’d have to upload non-stop for the next year to get it all onto my symbio site.

I finally was able to get the video search (using pond5 api) fixed on my site. When I switched the site over to symbiostock several months ago the search broke. I haven’t gotten it all hooked up yet to my site yet but here it is: http://stockfootage.crackerclips.com/search/

It searches just our footage on Pond5 and when the download button is pressed you’re taken to the detail page for that clip on P5. A buyer can, of course, leave from there and search all of P5 so it’s not perfect but I’ve already got our clips uploaded there. I’d much rather sell our video direct through symbio but this way saves a lot of work, potential aggravation and expense for now.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked
    Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.