Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Hi guys –

This is just a reminder. Many of you probably realize I’m building up the metamorphosis version as well as the premium version to be at a final point of stability. No changes, no stress.

I’m overdue to start going into some other horizons. I’ll be keeping up with general Symbiostock related things, but development is soon to end 😀 for a loooonngggg time after a reasonable degree of stability is achieved. This is a welcome thing right? 😀

Anyway, for those who are testing the metamorphosis version thank you very much and keep those observations/bug reports coming!

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

@leo wrote:

Hi guys –

This is just a reminder. Many of you probably realize I’m building up the metamorphosis version as well as the premium version to be at a final point of stability. No changes, no stress.

I’m overdue to start going into some other horizons. I’ll be keeping up with general Symbiostock related things, but development is soon to end 😀 for a loooonngggg time after a reasonable degree of stability is achieved. This is a welcome thing right? 😀

Anyway, for those who are testing the metamorphosis version thank you very much and keep those observations/bug reports coming!

Hi Leo,

Please check your link…

http://www.symbiostock.com/products-page/upgrades-and-plugins/

It loops back to the front page. I just realised that license options are only available through the premium purchase and now I am stuck with a site I can’t launch and two people have already registered. I don’t know how they found the two day old site and why they registered when the site says it is under construction, but I see it is already listed on Google.

I don’t mind that it is an extra charge but it would be nice to know up front AND that a person can get the plugin. Without it I’m stuck.

Please fix the link so I can buy the plugin and launch my site. Thanks for all your hard work!

Jo

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

All of us have started their Symbiostock site without different licensing options. Just put whatever you’re comfortable with into your EULA page and you’re good to go.
    Only if you need more customization features, you CAN purchase the premium plugin. But it’s not a necessity to run a Symbiostock site.

JoRodrigues
    Participant

@redneck wrote:

All of us have started their Symbiostock site without different licensing options. Just put whatever you’re comfortable with into your EULA page and you’re good to go.
    Only if you need more customization features, you CAN purchase the premium plugin. But it’s not a necessity to run a Symbiostock site.

Ordinarily I would agree with you but I am stuck at this point. As I explained here…

http://www.symbiostock.org/topic/198/how-do-i-install-standard-licenseextended-license-options/

Unfortunately I have Microstock on several sites on the web. Eventually I want to do away with RF license altogether. First I need to start making sales and start taking down my images from most of the Microstock companies.

Essentially I need to provide a license that is basically similar to the current RF that my first images have been made available under that are available on the net. Then I want a RM/Extended license for all new content that is still not available online. I had no intention of providing Microstock with my more artistic work.

Thirdly I want to eventually provide a print only version for select files. I have a small printing business close by who does great printing and good prices. So some of my images will be numbered print run only, the buyer pays for it, gets a small res copy to download as a “gift” and I arrange the print and post it to their address. I’m in South Africa so some of the overseas printing options are not always viable from this side. Plus I also prefer to keep my finger on my images.

So currently I’m sitting with micro stock on my site only because of my licensing needs. There was no mention of this before I took up hosting etc. I only realised this afterwards when I couldn’t apply licenses. I suspect a lot of people coming from Micro Stock will have similar requirements. Ideally we all would like to do away with RF.

Jo

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

@leo wrote:

Hi guys –

Hi Leo,

Please check your link…

http://www.symbiostock.com/products-page/upgrades-and-plugins/

It loops back to the front page. I just realised that license options are only available through the premium purchase and now I am stuck with a site I can’t launch and two people have already registered. I don’t know how they found the two day old site and why they registered when the site says it is under construction, but I see it is already listed on Google.

I don’t mind that it is an extra charge but it would be nice to know up front AND that a person can get the plugin. Without it I’m stuck.

Please fix the link so I can buy the plugin and launch my site. Thanks for all your hard work!

Jo

All set

JoRodrigues
    Participant

Thanks Leo! It loads now. Going to have a late dinner and go investigate 🙂

I’m pretty fired up about the site!

Jo

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.