Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

The Sym Batch Editor needs urgent improvements IMHO:

1. Way to select/unselect all;

2. Way to select the 1st image, hold shift and and click on other image and select or unselect the range between them. If not with shift, maybe with marquee selection.

3. Show # of encountered images in the page;

4. Way to show all portfolio images besides just searching. So it would show all images as default;
    – Workaround I found is to type space and enter;

5. coming soon…

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

1. To select,/unselect all, click on the number of images just after the search box

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

@christine wrote:

1. To select,/unselect all, click on the number of images just after the search box

– Thanks for the tip of the “Hidden egg”. :0) I appreciated that.

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

Adding improvements:

5. Get to list by upload date, so I get just to batch edit the lates uploaded images (Lot or batch) or the images uploaded in certain date. ;0)

6. coming soon…

Profile photo of Imago Borealis
    Imago Borealis
    Participant

– a way to batch edit draft (not yet published) images

– a bug fix for image size bug

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

@Imago Borealis wrote:

You can do this to a certain extent in
    Stock Images
    All Images
    select the images you wish to edit and in the Bulk Actions dropdown box at the top select Edit and Apply
    this will group together the images you wish to add categories, keywords, status, etc

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Imago Borealis
    Participant

@christine wrote:

@Imago Borealis wrote:

You can do this to a certain extent in
    Stock Images
    All Images
    select the images you wish to edit and in the Bulk Actions dropdown box at the top select Edit and Apply
    this will group together the images you wish to add categories, keywords, status, etc

That’s true and I use it regularly. That’s why I miss it so much for the professional plugin features such as licenses and discounts. It’d be much easier to batch edit a number of drafts than to find all the just published images.

Profile photo of THPStock
    THPStock
    Participant

It’s still got some bugs…

Just used it to reprocess all my images with new licenses – worked fine.

Then tried to update just my Vectors category and append the words “Stock Vector” to the end of them, yet all show up with my default “Stock Photo” instead. Plus, I only ticked that one box to amend, but it stripped out my licenses from all vectors, which means it was reading data from that field and saw that nothing was checked so removed the licenses entirely.

Clearly it needs some work still.

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

It didn’t work fine to reprocess with new licenses – all your image sizes (I checked one, but I assume all are hosed in the same way) are the same from blogee through Large.

THPStock
    Participant

ouch.

Thanks for picking that up Jo Anne.

Hmmm, so how to fix this issue? Should have stuck with 2.9.7….

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Same thing would have happened there. The good news is that the batch editor breakage doesn’t mess up the large size (full size) – at least if you have only one set of pixel dimensions for blog, small and medium.

You can use the batch editor to set just those three sizes to whatever your site uses and it’ll leave the large size alone.

The only bad news is that when you make that edit you’ll wipe out your licenses.

I know all of this because I went down this road a while back after the licensing stuff in the premium version was given its own type of post.

I’ve temporarily abandoned offering extended licenses until these problems get fixed.

THPStock
    Participant

wow thats painful. Thanks for the tips though.

I might just wait it out until Leo provides an update. I might even make it a promotion – get full size for blog prices!! Limited time only!! 🙂

Imago Borealis
    Participant

Here’s another feature I miss in the current Batch Editor:

– search (and select) for different image sizes such as horizontal, vertical, square, panorama…

I have applied different pixel sizes to each group and with the existing sizing bug it’s a royal PITA. But even when the bug is fixed it will be helpful.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.