Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@stevephoto wrote:

I suggest if you have this issue BlueHost can fix it.

Great. Now I just feel left out. :/

Thats awesome actually! I couldn’t for the life of me figure out what had changed. I wish they had told you!

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

@stevephoto wrote:

OK – I have been going back and forth with BlueHost support all day and it seems to have been fixed.
    They did not say what they did but I can now upload files bigger than 10mb.
    If anything changes I’ll let you know.
    I suggest if you have this issue BlueHost can fix it.

Steve

Thanks so much, Steve. It’s good (and good to know) you got your problem resolved.

How large is your max now? Did they tell you?

I’ll give BH a call Monday morning and see if I can get mine fixed too.

Profile photo of stevephoto
    stevephoto
    Participant

This is all they said:

Thank you for contacting support. I am sorry you are having this problem. I updated the post_max_size in the php.ini. Please try this again.

Steve
    http://www.softlightstock.com

marthamarks
    Participant

@stevephoto wrote:

This is all they said:

Thank you for contacting support. I am sorry you are having this problem. I updated the post_max_size in the php.ini. Please try this again.

So… you’d didn’t talk to anybody there, just communicated via email or their web support system?

I think I’ll try by phone tomorrow, as I did before. Maybe “in person” I can find out why it reverted to the old limit and ask how to avoid having it happen again later. But it’s helpful to know you can get it done in other ways.

Thanks again, Steve.

marthamarks
    Participant

FOLLOW-UP:

I called Bluehost today. Without hesitation, the tech who helped me raised the upload limit to 50MB, which is much higher than I need. (My earlier increase was “only” to 30MB.)

When I asked what had happened, he confirmed that there had been a change to the latest php, which had erased previous settings in my site. He said if it happens again, just call back and they’ll fix it again.

So now, sure enough, I’m able to upload my largest images. And I continue to be happy with the service at Bluehost.

stevephoto
    Participant

@marthamarks wrote:

FOLLOW-UP:

I called Bluehost today. Without hesitation, the tech who helped me raised the upload limit to 50MB, which is much higher than I need. (My earlier increase was “only” to 30MB.)

When I asked what had happened, he confirmed that there had been a change to the latest php, which had erased previous settings in my site. He said if it happens again, just call back and they’ll fix it again.

So now, sure enough, I’m able to upload my largest images. And I continue to be happy with the service at Bluehost.

Sorry didn’t see your post and I was out all day today.
    I just communicated via email and they did not tell me what they increased it to.

Glad to hear they took care of you too.
    Steve

Steve

marthamarks
    Participant

@stevephoto wrote:

@marthamarks wrote:

FOLLOW-UP:

Sorry didn’t see your post and I was out all day today.
    I just communicated via email and they did not tell me what they increased it to.

Glad to hear they took care of you too.
    Steve

No matter, Steve. I’m just reporting for the benefit of others.

It doesn’t seem they care how large a file one uploads. I didn’t ask for 50MB, would have been happy with the 30 I had before. 🙂

Thanks, anyway.

Profile photo of LesPalenik
    LesPalenik
    Participant

My host is ipower.com, and their file size limit is set somewhere between 15-20MB.

Just tried to upload a 24MP file with no compression (23MB), that didn’t work, re-saved the image with compression factor 11, which produced a 14MB file and that uploaded fine.

stevephoto
    Participant

@cathyslife stockphotos wrote:

Steve, can you go into the file manager on bluehost and see, if you are curious? I do my stuff thru dreamweaver and then ftp, so i dont use the file manager that much.

Cathy,
    I’ll be out most of the day but will check later, and report.
    Steve

Steve

stevephoto
    Participant

@stevephoto wrote:

Steve, can you go into the file manager on bluehost and see, if you are curious? I do my stuff thru dreamweaver and then ftp, so i dont use the file manager that much.

Cathy,
    I’ll be out most of the day but will check later, and report.
    Steve

Its ok Steve. You dont have to check for me…i guess i misunderstood and thought YOU didnt have a way to change it.

I did make changes myself but the changes had no effect – so not sure what they did but I’m good now.

Steve

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Why is this thread still going 😀

Is there a real change in Symbiostock stopping big uploads? I didn’t change anything, but I can see if something is off.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Your misunderstanding me! Is this a problem that affects everyone, or a few people, or isolated? I have to keep up with multiple issues besides everything else in illustration/design/other projects. Forgive me if I need to catch up on an issue every now and then

marthamarks
    Participant

@leo wrote:

Why is this thread still going 😀

Is there a real change in Symbiostock stopping big uploads? I didn’t change anything, but I can see if something is off.

It’s not a problem created by SYS, Leo. As Cathy says, it’s been a recurring problem for those of us on Bluehost.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.