October 5, 2013 at 9:39 pm #342
This is symbio and non-symbio related. Normally, I have zero trouble firing agencies but for some damn reason I’m having issues firing DT. I’ve hit payout and that would allow me to purchase the Premium version of symbio, plus give me almost enough to buy premium at FAA (which I’m doing as soon as my SS payout hits anyhow). All my images are more than 6 months old, so I don’t think I’ll have issues shutting down the account, but I’m just feeling like I can’t or shouldn’t for some bizarre reason. My port there keeps shrinking, down to a whopping 55 images.
Can I get a swift kick in the arse to close out there or is there some fine print I’ve missed that won’t let me do that immediately?
Thank you!October 5, 2013 at 10:35 pm #3894
So, typing it all out made me feel ridiculous…ever feel like that? It’s done now…it’s too much to wish for but I’d love to see a giant “Deactivate my whole portfolio” button, this 4 clicks required to disable is insane…and some files I disabled and then refreshed and they were back…
Seems so strange. I’ve been there since 2004…sales were never good for me there. Spent some time ignoring stock and came back one day to find half my portfolio available free… sooo, that is the third agency I’ve fired. I have a two on the chopping block when I hit payouts there, but at least I don’t have to wait 6 months to disable at those…so I can keep uploading new stuff until the day I hit payout.
Now, I’ll have some money to invest towards symbio AND one less site selling my stuff.October 5, 2013 at 10:52 pm #3895
Yea, but weird. It felt really weird when I ended things with IS too…and they were first to go, but they cut commissions on non-exclusives and I hit payout while they were defending it. So, it was easier. FT was next, no qualms there.
DT was weird though… I don’t know why. I was never active on their forums, sales were miserable, draconian policies about not being able to disable files, suggesting really low ‘buyout’ rates. I calculated what they were selling my largest/best quality files for… $20..and I see maybe $2 of that… and it clicked.
I’m staying w/ 123 for up to another year. Had a big sale there that put me into a higher pay tier, so it seems worthwhile to stay as long as that is in effect…delaying payout for a while to see how the next month or two goes. SS performs so they’re safe. CS will go, eventually if I ever hit payout. BS is gonna go too…unless sales pick up there dramatically.
The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.