Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ivonnewierink
    ivonnewierink
    Participant

Hi all, I can’t find out what the reason is I can’t upload some images. Maybe you have suggestions for me? No error messages, nothing. But also not uploading.

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

@ivonnewierink wrote:

Hi all, I can’t find out what the reason is I can’t upload some images. Maybe you have suggestions for me? No error messages, nothing. But also not uploading.

Since I’m the first to answer I can give you some ideas that I learnt from others and they can jump in and provide more info. I’ve seen some people have problems uploading files larger than 10megs. I know there is a tutorial on it right here but I cannot recall offhand. So this could be the issue. I did find this one though. Same topic.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2184513/php-change-the-maximum-upload-file-size

There also seems to be an issue for some people with accents and spaces in the file name so check that as well. I try to keep all my file names without special characters and no spaces. So “Filé Nàme¿ 1.jpg” becomes “FileName1.jpg”

Lastly, you may be trying to upload too many files in one go. I try to keep my batches smallish. I do about 10-30 files at a time.

Jo

Edit: I just saw Christine post the link 😀

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1129

Profile photo of EggHeadStock
    EggHeadStock
    Participant

Are there any special characters in your title or caption? Hard-returns are also a problem and difficult to spot.

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

Oh and the thread where I got that link from is here …

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1325

It’s got lots of info on this.

Jo

Profile photo of ivonnewierink
    ivonnewierink
    Participant

Thanks all. No special characters, and no long batches (same problem when uploading one by one). But, larger than 10 MB. so, maybe that’s the problem.

Profile photo of sandorgora
    sandorgora
    Participant

To get keywords etc correct uploaded I have to do it with ftp, the upload within Symbiostock doesn’t work for me correct.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.