Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Imago Borealis
    Imago Borealis
    Participant

The newest version of of the professional plugin (1.4.8 ) is giving me nothing but grief:

Search in Batch editor is completely broken. It finds nothing no matter what keyword I try.

Daily twitter doesn’t work at all. Not a single tweet gets send.

Even sending a single image to twitter fails with the following note:

Error(s)encountered:

code: 186

About Twitter Errors

Sounds like the message generated is too long. Thing is, I have no control over this, no hash tags added at all.

I tried deactivating/activating the prof plugin, deleting and reinstalling it, switching off other plugins nothing seems to make a difference. I am running out of ideas… 😥

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Give me an admin account! The magic words … 😛

leo [at] symbiostock.com

Twitter poster has been a nightmare since the beginning, which is funny because its actually the most valuable asset in this package. I’ll see what is going on and it might mean another fix today.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I don’t use the Twitter component, but I just tested search in the batch editor and it’s finding things just fine for me on 1.4.8 with main theme 3.2.7

In other words, something more complicated is going on than the batch editor not doing searches at all

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

A small secret with the premium version — if searches are *wrong* its possible that simply deactivating/reactivating will repopulate all the keywords properly. thats actually why there is a delay when you activate it — it rebuilds the image search database. But the twitter poster runs deep — I’ve been working on that for a while. I have it working in many cases, but I still find there are those having problems.

Imago Borealis
    Participant

You got your account. E-mail is sent. Thank you and good luck!

Oh wait: “if searches are *wrong* its possible that simply deactivating/reactivating will repopulate all the keywords properly” – I’ve done that about a 100 times… didn’t work…

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I’m almost done the .org facelift, then I’m onto your puzzle.

Imago Borealis
    Participant
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Curious – both versions were suffixed with a “-mod” … I’m assuming you put that there while troubleshooting?

The first thing I did was deactivate all plugins. Then I updated both the basic theme and professional plugin. Then I deactivated/reactivated the premium plugin (thinking perhaps another plugin was stopping the image database/functions).

Anyway, its working now. You may have to put a few widgets back.

Do this please, because I don’t recal which plugins you were using:

Activate them one by one. With each one you activate, do a search in another window, ensuring the batch editor still works with each one.

Other than that, things seem to be working. Let me know if I misunderstood anything.

Imago Borealis
    Participant

Thanks Leo! The Batch Editor search is working now. But trying to tweet an image still gives me an error:

Error(s)encountered:

code: 186

About Twitter Errors

I leave everything as you left it for now and hope you can take a look again.

Yes, I put the “-mod” in both the theme and the plug-in because I did quite a few modifications to the php.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

i’m checking on the tweeter thing now… sorry bout that.

Imago Borealis
    Participant

Thanks – No sweat! 🙂

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Somehow the previous twitter fix I did reverted! Anyway, now its back to before. You should be set now.

Imago Borealis
    Participant

Yes, sending a tweet worked. Thanks for fixing this.

I will now reconstruct my plugins, widgets, customizations, etc. and then do a Daily Twitter test. Please cross your fingers that it’ll work now 😀

I’ll report back here…

Imago Borealis
    Participant

YES! – It seems to work now. I am tweeting away. Thanks a lot again, Leo. 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.