Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of apotterdd
    apotterdd
    Participant

I’ve been having this issue with the file uploader all day. It worked back in March so I’m not sure what the problem is. I can upload via FTP just fine but the theme uploader seems to be broken.

I’m using SYM theme 2.6.4 and WP 3.9. Between the updates for those plus my host fiddling with things it got broken somewhere. I had these issues before I upgraded to paid hosting so I’m really at a loss as to where this is happening at. I don’t have direct access to the php.ini file either but that didn’t matter before.

Any hints or ideas to fix this would be appreciated.

*EDIT 5/7/2014*

Looking at the other thread with the same issue http://www.symbiostock.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1466 I downloaded the Chrome browser and everything worked like a charm! Wonder what’s causing the IE and Firefox errors though. But at least this solution works.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

there was a problem with the file uploader not working correctly — it may have been related to changes with WP 3.8 –pretty sure that was one of the fixes in 2.6.5; in any case the uploader works fine with the current version

apotterdd
    Participant

That’s odd the latest update that was in my dashboard was the one I mentioned in my first post. Unless 2.6.5 is the paid version number.

I’ve also got similar images issue with it not showing up. I’ll probably just disable it for now.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

there was an update that required a re-install of the symbiostock.zip file, not an update of the theme – it may have been 2.6.5 – in any case, the latest version is 3.3.4

apotterdd
    Participant

I can’t seem to find the download link on the symbiostock.com site. I’m using the basic free theme and all I see are paid theme options which is not something I’m going to be getting anytime soon.

Is there another link to update the free one because I can’t find it.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

on http://www.symbiostock.com scroll down the getting started page to the github link which has the latest version

symbiostock.zip is the free theme — when you install, there are now several other (free) plugins that are required and you’ll be prompted to install those also

apotterdd
    Participant

I looked at that the other day and got my version numbers messed up. I should probably do a site backup because I’m not sure exactly what will change with my menus and other things if all customization other than the child theme would disappear.

Thanks.

Anita

apotterdd
    Participant

Even after upgrading I’m still having the same issue. I even went in and changed php versions to see if that would fix it but it didn’t. Not sure what my server did because it was working before even after WP updated to 3.9.

Oh well, I’ll just use the FTP instead since that seems to be working alright.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.