Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of scenicoregon
    scenicoregon
    Participant

I’d eventually like to work out a way to take the automated tweets from Symbiostock and have them duplicated in Facebook, Google+, etc. I think I can do that if there is an rss feed that the automated tweeter is generating. Is there one, or another way I can manage this? I don’t want to just take my regular Twitter feed and duplicate it, because it has so much of other people’s stuff that I’m retweeting– I just want to post what I tweet, and thus the need to go from the automated tweeter.

Or, rather than using the Symbiostock automated tweeter, is there maybe a plugin that’ll automate posting to Twitter, G+, and FB?

I don’t go overboard on this, just once a day, but I’d like to get more than just Twitter in on it.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

If anyone has any legitimate needs for plugins to be created worth being purchased, let me know. I’ll do that and that might help us along as I keep developing Symbiostock.

That is not a very hard thing to do, and yes it can be done.

scenicoregon
    Participant

So Leo-
    Are you saying that this seems to be a plugin idea worthy of development and you’re planning on doing so in order to market it, or are you asking if I’d like to purchase the development of it? And I guess I’d need to know if we’re talkin’ just the rss feed or a social media posting plugin that’ll do at least G+, FB, and Twitter? (I use Pinterest too, but it is not as important)
    Thanks

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I’m generally referring to the idea that if a few people can make use of it (or more than a few!) then I can create it to encompass the basic functions you want, and then sell it on the main site. This goes for any idea.

I made Chromaco a plugin for SEO that cuts his image description time in half, I just haven’t released it yet. But he says it works great 😀

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@chrisroll wrote:

Hi Leo,

Auto-posting to twitter, Fb and G+ would be great !
    But some times ago I’ve read that Google didn’t make it easy to automatically post content to Google+ (need Google+ API or linking in through Google Voice).
    Is it always true ?

It depends – I’ve done lots of coordinated social network posting. For instance I used to use ping.fm which could post dozens of networks at once. But that service is no longer around.

I’ll get back to you soon on that.

scenicoregon
    Participant

From what I’ve just learned, I think a plugin to automatically post to social media is even now more important. Here’s what I’ve learned:
    I was thinking that through Jetpack, since it connects to G+, FB, and Twitter, I could have it automatically post when I added new images. I could never get it to work. I contacted Jetpack about this, asking if Jetpack was incompatible with Symbiostock, and just received this reply:

Jetpack’s Publicize module was designed to automatically publish Posts to your favorite social networks. You cannot, however, push updates from Pages.

If Symbiostock allows you to publish Posts instead of Pages, you should be able to use Publicize to automatically publish your images to Facebook and Google+.

You can find out more about the differences between Posts and Pages here:
    http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-vs-page/

So, assuming that is all correct, then when we publish a new picture (it is a page, not a post, correct?), Jetpack can NOT automatically repost it to social media. That leaves us with nothing, then, that can– and thus we now have a big need for something that can publish our pages as posts to social media automatically, much preferably something that can be scheduled to do so automatically, rather than just when we publish.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Lets start with FB and Twitter –

Tell me exactly what you would like from both so there is no confusion. I think this is a timely request, and I’ll have it out and for sale soon.

Leo

scenicoregon
    Participant

I’d really like to be able to Twitter, FB, and G+ all in one place, but I know that Google is stingy with giving out access. I’ve been fooling around all day with Hootsuite (which has G+ access), dlvr.it, Buffer, IFTTT, and others, and I’m finding that either the service doesn’t really have G+ access (at least for free) or in Hootsuite’s case, ends up shortening the image url in such a way that Twitter doesn’t display it as an image, which I want. Twitter also did away with their rss feed, so that doesn’t help, either, and FB’s rss feed points to the wrong page (goes to the profile, not the page, even though the rss I used was for the page, not the profile), not particularly helpful. So, no good solutions, at least at a bargain.

Again, I’d really want G+ as part of the capability, without it I’d end up having to post everything twice, which is exactly where I am now– I use the autoposter for Twitter, and Hootsuite for G+ and FB.

So, if G+ capability was part of the package, I’d want:
    1. Ability to post to a specific FB page, not just the profile. (can do that now with available tools)
    2. Ability to post to a specific G+ business page. (can do that now with available tools)
    3. Ability to post to Twitter
    4. Nice, large images in all three, not just thumbnails
    5. A good search engine for the autoposter for searching the portfolio. The one in the pro plugin seems to re-search when you click next or back on multi-page results, showing you duplicate results sometimes, and making it hard to be sure you’ve seen the whole of the collection.
    6. An accurate character counter for Twitter (the current one seems to always undercount), and something that doesn’t lose the last word of the post, like the current autotweeter does.
    7. Ideally, the ability to write different posts for the same image being sent out– a short one for Twitter, longer for FB, etc.
    8. Ability to add hashtags en masse, like the current autotweeter. Also, user-entered default hashtags that are always added.
    9. Url shortener for Twitter that doesn’t make the image go away.
    10. Adaptable scheduling for the posts– you set the times, up to a few times a day, it follows the schedule. Ability to “humanize” the times would be helpful, to vary the times a bit randomly.
    11. Ability to automatically add new images to the queue if wanted.
    12. Ability to reorder the queue.
    13. This is pie-in-the-sky, but some of these automated things let you keep a pool of posts that they keep cycling through, for posts that never go out of date. They even let you have say three different wordings for each post (image), so that the posts aren’t always the same– it chooses a different wording each time. I could see this being a bit much for the current plugin idea.
    14. Ability to post immediately.
    15. Something that retains the origin as being from the users Symbiostock site, not changing it– but this might not work completely with the url shortener. Some sort of compromise?
    16. Some sort of output (maybe RSS?) so that we can utilize it to trigger other services which the plugin itself doesn’t accomplish, via Hootsuite or something similar.

I’m too tired now to really think straight anymore, so let’s call it good at that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.