Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

Yesterday, I was able to work on my site normally. This morning, I can’t even get into it.

My site was fine with WP 3.9, but after it upgraded to 3.9.1 the back end files disappeared.

When I log into the site, all I see on the Dashboard is this: Activity: No activity yet! as if it were a brand-new site. The only things showing are Dashboard, Jetpack, and Profile, and they don’t even open. My route to access my files has disappeared.

Curiously, the site still shows up fine on line. It’s only the back end that’s gone. That’s a relief, but still I can’t do anything with the site.

I’ve gone to the WP Support page and find lots of problems reported with 3.9.1, but not this specific issue. Some advice has been to revert to 3.9.0, but I can’t get into the “innards” of the site, so there’s no way to do that.

Has anybody else here had this problem? Anybody have a suggestion???

marthamarks
    Participant
    Profile photo of sandorgora
    sandorgora
    Participant

did you log-in again?
    as i’m used to be logged in automatic, it sometimes confuse me that i have to log in again

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Let me know if you fix this. If not, I’ll need access to your cpanel.

Leo[at]symbiostock.com (will need a name and pass)

marthamarks
    Participant

Thank you, Leo and Sandor! I really do appreciate your support.

I hadn’t checked my site in a few hours until just now. Here’s the latest:

Things have improved., and I can access my Dashboard. Hooray!!! The stock photos, pages, plugins, etc. are all still there and appear to be up to date.

However, the Posts section shows “No posts found,” which is clearly not correct since I’ve uploaded approximately 1700 posts with my images. So the Posts section seems to be the snag at this point.

I’m willing to wait and see if perhaps the site will restore itself completely in the next few hours. Perhaps somebody’s actively working on the 3.9.1 plugin behind the scenes.

If it isn’t back by tomorrow morning, Leo, I will take you up on your kind offer. I truly-truly don’t want to interrupt your life on a Sunday, and especially not on Mother’s Day. Not a good strategy if you want to have a happy wife! 🙂

I’ll get back with a further report either way if things do/don’t get better.

From New Mexico… !Muchas gracias!

marthamarks
    Participant

@sandorgora wrote:

did you log-in again?
    as i’m used to be logged in automatic, it sometimes confuse me that i have to log in again

Yes, it was when I logged in that I found my Dashboard had disappeared. Really weird!

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Sounds good. Like the check-engine light on my car, it’s happy glow is enough to remind me at least the warning system is working. It’s kept me company many years.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

I had 4 sites auto-upgrade to wp 3.9.1 and all are working fine

I’d suspect a plugin somewhere

marthamarks
    Participant

@cascoly wrote:

I had 4 sites auto-upgrade to wp 3.9.1 and all are working fine

I’d suspect a plugin somewhere

Maybe, but I haven’t changed my plugins lately. But… thanks for the suggestion. I’ll check it out!

sandorgora
    Participant

did you upload images AND posts?
    i have images uploaded, but no posts and i assume an image is not seen as a post;
    my postsection is like this, but my sys-site is ok

marthamarks
    Participant

@sandorgora wrote:

did you upload images AND posts?
    i have images uploaded, but no posts and i assume an image is not seen as a post;
    my postsection is like this, but my sys-site is ok

Hi Sandor,

Now that is a very good question! I do still have my image pages, accssed through the stock images section. I’ve always assumed those were posts, but you’re right… I’ve never actually created a post because I don’t blog from this site.

So yes, now that I think of it, I do believe my site is 100% back to normal now. Whatever happened yesterday afternoon seems to have fully restored it.

Thank you for that smart and should-have-been-obvious-to-me suggestion!

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Same problem here.

“Error 403

We’re sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for /wp-login.php on this server.

You do not have permission to access this server. Before trying again, close your browser, run anti-virus and anti-spyware software and remove any viruses and spyware from your computer.

Your technical support key is: 4504-35c7-b40c-8ddc

You can use this key to fix this problem yourself.”

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

That’s weird.
    The second attempt to login worked and everything seems to be ok.

sandorgora
    Participant

like Shakespeare said: all’s well that ends well

marthamarks
    Participant

@redneck wrote:

That’s weird.
    The second attempt to login worked and everything seems to be ok.

Glad you managed to get in! There’s something screwy about this WP update, because several people on the WP support forum have reported failed attempts to log in.

I’m just glad to be able to log in again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.