Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

I know there is a thread about an earlier release having this issue. I’ve just migrated my site to a new server and apart from a few teething issues, it is generally working fine (and fast).

However, the Featured and Similar Images are not showing on the home page and the image pages. Is there something that I need to run or set to get these working again (the placeholder is there), or is this a known bug at the moment.

http://www.BackyardStockPhotos.com

Steve

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I think Featured and Similar images are working fine at the moment for WP 3.7.1 and Symbiostock 2.9.4. This page on my site has both working as expected:

http://www.digitalbristles.com/author/joannadmin/

If you look at the differences between your site and mine, it appears that all the elements and links are going into the panel but the part of the reference that should include the minipic image is blank (lots of spaces).

That makes me wonder if the database is somehow not aware of the new location of all the images? I had used a neat plugin that managed to update all the links after a move that The McKie’s had recommended – Velvet Blues. I wonder if that could help?

Profile photo of ajt
    ajt
    Participant

@steveh wrote:

http://www.BackyardStockPhotos.com

I see both – featured and similar.
    BTW, your site is still slow from my location. I see search results after about 8s.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I should have made clear – I don’t see either Featured or Similar on Steve’s site. I’m using Chrome 30.0.1599.101 on Mac OSX 10.8.5. I also tried Firefox (25.0) and can’t see them there either.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

It should all be back to normal now. Just for those who are thinking of moving to a separate server, the answer was to run php as follows:

“By setting PHP to run as mod_suphp, every PHP process will be executed by the user whose home directory it’s in. So instead of running the PHP scripts as user ‘nobody’, it will run them as user backyard which will eliminate issues like this. “

I’m not sure that all the ISPs around the world will have updated their DNS records, so some people may still see the old site.

Steve

Steve

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

I am seeing both with Firefox on Windows 7.

Very slow to bring up the search and images.

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

I can also see both on my end. Tried it on IE9/Chrome/Opera/Firefox/Safari/Sea Moneky.

Jo

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Thanks all – it did appear to be that highly technical way of running PHP on your own server. I’ll write the migration up when I get a chance.

At the minute my site may be busy – I’m processing many images in parallel and that is undoubtedly slowing it down.

Steve

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.