Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tom S
    Tom S
    Participant

Looking for some understanding on this topic as I haven’t found any documentation on it. Right now I have only 3 options which I presume are the default when installed – blogger, extended, and full size. So under this scenario, if I upload a 10 megabyte image, depending on the purchase, Symbiostock automatically provides a download with different sizes depending on the license type. Is that correct? Is there some documentation or a chart with the specifics on download sizes by license type?  Is there a guide on this topic I can reference for planning purposes? Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

You can set your own license sizes in the admin section as you create/define the license. There is a setting in there for the size of download for that particular license/price. You can set as many as you want, but obviously don’t want it to get too complicated. I went for 3 plus an extended license.

I can’t recall now where this was explained in the documentation, sorry!

Symbiostock automatically supplies the right size download depending on what someone has bought.

Steve

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

That’s correct. Symbiostock will create and provide that resized file after purchase.
    You can set the particular image sizes when you edit/create your licenses (to be found at WP Admin -> Symbiostock -> Licenses).

Profile photo of Tom S
    Tom S
    Participant

Thank you gentlemen. I believe I have a handle on this now. If you have insight on a couple of other items I’m looking at that would be appreciated.

Need I be concerned about a standard aspect ratio of my images to be uploaded, ie 4:3? I have a number of old images I’d like to use but may not fit a standard aspect ratio.

Also, Need I think about labeling certain images as editorial, or is that more the responsibility of the end user?

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

I upload all sorts of ratios – I usually crop to what is best for the image rather than a predetermined size. No issues so far in doing that as far as I can see.

On the editorial one – that is critical to provide a bit of protection for the agency and ourselves although as you say, the user is ultimately responsible. To put your images into Symzio, you do need to mark that editorial flag if you don’t have model and/or property releases (and the image needs them). On your own site, it doesn’t matter as much, but better to be safe I think.

There is a long thread somewhere else on this forum about editorial usage.

Steve

Profile photo of Tom S
    Tom S
    Participant

Very helpful and appreciated. Thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.