Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I want to rename my files in the media library. At the moment they have random filenames from when i imported them. But I have come up with a system so all my files will have digit sequence. I went ahead and renamed the first 10 images within the editor. But after I have changed the filename and slug (so they match), all those files can’t be displayed and I get a “this page can not be found!”.

Is this a wrong way of doing things? Should I upload new files that have been renamed?
    Can I fix the issue with my permalink? Currently I have my permalink for products set to /shop/%product_cat%/

A little discovery I made that might help someone figure out what the issue is. Currently my images are linked to a sub-category. My main category is called “photo” and within them i have lifestyle, landscape, citylife etc… if i for instance navigate to a image located in “citylife” that i can not view, when I untick the category it changes the slug to “uncategorized”. If i publish this change and visit the link then i can view the images in the shop.
    But it I tick the subcategory again it goes back to “page can not be found”.

is the issue with the sub category?

Problem solved..
    The solution was to select “plain” under Permalink Common Settings. It used to be set to “post” but that stopped working as soon as I changed the names from characters to digits.. Don´t know why but its working now and that makes me happy 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.