Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

I have found a few images I have at Istock also at Getty. I want to remove them from Getty!

At Getty they are shown as Vetta and E+. I am no longer Exclusive at Istock but don’t want to remove them from Istock as these images have been good dollar earners, even though I find that IS has collapsed. At Istock these images are not marked as Vetta or E+, at least not as I can see.

I have been very sluggish with Istock the last of couple of years and maybe haven’t paid enough attention to know what has happened over there.
    And.. I just can’t find a way to remove these images from Getty via Istock.

Don’t want to ask at the IS forum, and certainly not at MSG, as I not waiting for stupid answers from stupid people 🙄
    Any Istockers have an idea?

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I submitted a ticket a few days ago to remove my portfolio but I haven’t gotten a reply yet. In my case I have to scramble to recover that income.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

If someone could ask at MSG I’d love to know how to get this process done. In my case I do not want to delay — every day is more risky.

I don’t feel like making a new account at MSG either — I’m glad to be out of that place.

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

I don’t know how you would get them removed from everywhere, I think someone suggested sending a registered letter to Getty telling them to remove them.

I closed my iStock account quite a few years ago and requested removal of all my images. Last year I found some on photos.com and it took ages to find out how to get them removed from there (and paid for).

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

As far as I know I don’t have an account at Getty so I’ll have to send a ticket to IS to remove my images from Getty. Sending a request to Getty won’t work, I’m sure. Thanks for mentioning photo.com Christine, now I find my images there as well 🙁

I have a feeling that IS and the rest of the Getty family are going to do the same as Getty, giving away our images.

I have always been pretty happy with IS till Livingstone, the founder, left. Hate to leave IS but maybe that’s the shotest cut, have to think about this for a while. Not very happy here.

Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

I submitted a ticket today to Istock informing them I wanted my images to be removed at Getty.

It would be better to go to Getty directly but as IS caused this I think they should take action, plus I have no account at Getty.
    This is going to be a long episode for sure! 🙁

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Unless I missed something, it appears that images must be removed 1 at a time? This would take ages, unless istock shuts down your portfolio by request — which it seems they are not doing very quickly right now.

I wrote a small program to have my browser automatically cycle through each image and deactivate it! If I did it myself it would have taken at least a day or two on almost 1000 images. I pitty those who have more.

Just a disclaimer — I’m doing this as my own decision and I’m quite familiar with things. I wouldn’t advise anyone follow this course of action unless you have reason to think its better for your situation.

Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

Well, it has been 3 days now since I submitted a ticket to IS. I doubt I am going to get an descent answer from them.

Does removing my complete portfolio from IS also remove everything from Getty and all of the other IS dump stores?

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

On msg someone mentioned contacting contributor services not just putting a support ticket in. I found some of my images on photo(s?).com last year after leaving istock years ago, took me weeks to find out who they were associated with as the Getty people I spoke to (as well as emailed) had no idea who I was talking about.

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

@jan wrote:

Well, it has been 3 days now since I submitted a ticket to IS. I doubt I am going to get an descent answer from them.

Does removing my complete portfolio from IS also remove everything from Getty and all of the other IS dump stores?

In theory it should, but from what I’ve heard from other people’s experiences, it often doesn’t happen automatically.

I’ve also heard people talk about many weeks wait to get a response from support tickets at iStock – I don’t know if there is anyone on that full time any more.

I think the contract gives them up to 30 days to remove content if you terminate the agreement

http://www.istockphoto.com/asa_exclusive.php

If it’s beyond that you might start sending less polite amendments to the support ticket (keep the e-mail you receive when you submit the ticket) pointing out they no longer have any legal rights to license the file(s).

Profile photo of KimsCreativeHub
    KimsCreativeHub
    Participant

I can tell you that I’ve made a few support tickets on different things in 2013 n 2014 and all took weeks, it’s the new norm.

I seem to remember there used to be a woman who was a liaison for contributors between IS n Getty.

I would try calling Getty.

My Very Best 🙂
    KimsCreativeHub.com

Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

I had an answer this Friday from IS. They are sending a “pull request” to Getty to remove my images there.

So far so good! Now just only wait to see how speedy Getty is.

Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

All images are now removed from Getty. Did this with a ticket to Istock, they asked Getty to remove my images.
    Glad I did this, now we have to wait to see if Istock is going to follow the same path as Getty is going.

Pretty smooth operation even though it still took 10 days!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.