Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jarih
    jarih
    Participant

jsfoto wrote: Changing the registration is crucial for me (and others from Germany and perhaps other countries too).
    I talked with my tax counselor yesterday and he emphasized that I have to know whether the buyer is a private person or a business man/woman and from which country he or she comes from.
    Leo, could you please give us options what we ask the customers during the registration:
    – private or business person
    – vat id number (if it is a business person)
    – country
    perhaps for those who wants it:
    – name
    – address
    – phone
    Actually this is very important for me, so it would be very much appreciated smile

I talked with my tax counselor today, and she said that this is critical issue, without right customer information I must pay my self all VAT taxes. This is it on Finland too.

How high this case is now on development?

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

Terve Jari

I tried to implement it myself, but I had to notice that I’m not a coder. Working with css and html: no problem, making small changes in php: fine, but doing real development in php in a complex task like the registration process is far beyond my competence.
    I’m not sure whether Leo is aware of the fact how crucial this is for artists coming from Europe, I’m not even sure whether all network members from Europe themselves know that it is crucial for them 😉 But I also would like to know whether Leo will implement it in a future version … a short word from you, Leo?

Profile photo of corepics
    corepics
    Participant

I concur. We would really need much more client information, either during registration, or through a client profile page (editable by the client), as well as a few more options in the pricing system.

According to Dutch laws, we’re required by law, to add 21% VAT to any sales to Dutch customers. For sales inside the European Union, a 0% VAT rate applies, only if we can show an invoice with all client information (name, address, Chamber of commerce as well as VAT number, etc) to the Dutch Tax services.

I think it would be great if corporate clients / business would be able to fill in their full contact details:
    – Account holder name
    – Company name
    – Company address
    – Chamber of Commerce number
    – VAT number

Also, I think having the ability to automatically add VAT based on the client’s location, as well as the ability to generate pdf sales receipts is almost a must have.

Further more, with this information, it would also allow sales to be invoiced later, as I know quite a few companies (especially the larger ones) are reluctant (or even refuse) to use paypal or credit card for this same reason.

I’m guessing a plugin for this purpose could do the trick, but unfortunately, I’m not a coder / programmer.

Any ideas, suggestions? How do other European Symbiostock users deal with this? For us, it’ll be a necessity to have, or develop, if sales start tickling in 🙂

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I’ll tell you what —

Get jsphoto and you guys together – make me a list today. I’ll implement a form where you implicity state you want it 😀

Just don’t make it too complex…I need implement this without people posting bug reports in the future.

corepics
    Participant

Hi Leo,

Thanks for chiming in. I’ve begun finding peer sites within the EU who might have similar needs. I can’t give you a full list, today, though, as this matter seems to be quite complex . Might as well take a bit more time, anddo it right. I’ve sent you a PM, and have contacted a handful of European based Symbiostock sites.

To all others:

Apart from Jochen and jsfoto, Who else is affected by EU tax laws? Please chime in with your local requirements!

Thanks, and let’s make this happen!

Hugo

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I got your PM. I’m working quite a bit on bug fixes today, but I’m paying attention 🙂

This might merrit a separate plugin, since its a limited need, and could be complex. JS had contacted me before on it when I had slown down development.

corepics
    Participant

Hi Leo,

Fully respect that. I’ve contacted JS via the contact form on his site, as well as a few others. I’ll do my best to keep this ball running, but can’t do it without a bit of your guidance, as I’ve only started building our site with Symbiostock last week.

See also: http://www.microstockgroup.com/index.php?topic=21810

Cheers,

Hugo

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

PS – Upon sale, you also get custom info that might be relevant to you as well.

corepics
    Participant

Hi Leo,

Yes, I noticed. That info will need to display the full buyers and vendors information, and be downloadable as invoice in PDF format. That’ll be the easiest.

Jari (JHfoto – Germany) has replied to me. So far, the required tax information is:

Vendor’s information:
    – Account holder name
    – Company name
    – Company address
    – VAT number

Buyers information:
    – Account holder name
    – Company name
    – Company address
    – VAT number

Other information:
    – Item description (already there)
    – Sales price (already there)
    – VAT percentage and total sum (will vary from country to country, also depending on international sales. I’ll find out what relationships apply for domestic sales, sales to another EU country, and sales outside the EU. My tax guy will be able to work that out monday

Think that’s it, so far.

Cheers,

Hugo

Profile photo of sandorgora
    sandorgora
    Participant

There has been a long discussion about VAT sometime before and somewhere else (i’ve forgotten).

3 things i remember from that:
    – for a startup or a small entrepreneur there is a certain basic amount of sales VATfree (different in each country);
    – you need a VATnumber;
    – start bookkeeping your photography: equipment, hosting, etc;

EU-rules are going to change in 2015: http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/taxation/vat/how_vat_works/telecom/index_en.htm

My conclusion: i don’t worry untill sales are starting and than: when a company is buying, i can have e-mailcontact with them about the invoice.

corepics
    Participant

Hi Sandor,

Thanks for your reply.

– I’m aware of the exemption. It doesn’t apply for us any more. Furthermore, the rules are as follows: you get to use the exemption, if your sales taxes are below a certain amount, but you’d still need to file the sales taxes, and thus have taxes sorted out properly.
    – We have a VAT numbers, and so do many others
    – We already have a full accounting in place, also for equipment, etc.

The thing is, that most of the clients I’m currently buying for (and selling to as well) will not even consider doing business, if they need to sort things out via email afterwards.

Thanks for the link, I’ll read through it.

Cheers,

Hugo

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

I’ve changed this to a high priority item in the bug list — will post a revised list before I take off to ski in our favorite VAT-asking French Portes du Soleil on Friday (where it’s still cheaper for us than a Colorado holiday!)

http://cascoly-images.com/pix/image/ski-lift-and-skiers-3

corepics
    Participant

thanks, and have fun in Porte du Soleil!

corepics
    Participant

It’s time to revive this thread a bit.

I’ve talked to several symbiostock users from within the EU, as well as to our tax guy, and we’ve established what’s required for us, EU symbiostock users with a VAT number.

1. When registering, an EU customer needs to be able to register with his/her full company details:
    – Company Name
    – Company Address
    – Country
    – Contact information
    – VAT number (can be verified during registration for EU customers)

2. The above information will also need to be stored for the site owner, if the Symbiostock site is registered to a company within the EU. (But this is also good practice for anyone else!)

3. A settings page, containing three (!) different VAT percentages, only applicable for EU symbiostock sites.. Although this is not quite relevant for 2014, the rules are likely to change in 2015, which’ll make three VAT percentages necessary

4. When a purchase is made, the system needs to run through the following script:
    a. Is the customer a company? If no, then VAT %1. (regardless of location). If yes, then:
    b. Is the customer from the same country as the site owner? If yes, then VAT %1. Else:
    c. Is the customer from another country within the EU as the site owner? If yes, then VAT %2. Else:
    d. The company is from outside the EU. Then VAT %3.

5. After payment is made, both EU site owner as well as all (EU) customers need to be able to access a PDF invoice / receipt. (either via download, or via email) This PDF invoice needs to display:

Transaction date
    Full Sellers information
    Full Buyers’ information
    Transaction statement: Item, Item type
    Sales price, excluding VAT
    Appropriate VAT %
    The addition of Sales price + (sales price * VAT%)
    Transaction statement: Paid

I’ve contacted several local plugin developers, but they are unwilling to work on a fixed fee basis, as they are hesitant to fiddle with the symbiostock code, as they’re unsure what they’ll find, and how long it will take them.

We’re looking for a developer, and anyone who’s willing to contribute to get this show on the road. Please chime in, send me an email (dewolf@wesellimages.com) or PM.

I’ll be away on vacation until early march, but will respond when I get back.

Cheers,

Hugo

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Just a small note that this project will be one I take on now. I appreciate everyone’s patience on it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.