Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Before releasing the advanced Multisite version of Symbio, I wanted to get out an intermediate version which is much refined over the version we are using now.

[attachment=0:24p4h40s]symbiostock.zip[/attachment:24p4h40s]

This version is cleaned up quite a bit – it also has 3 different menu locations, each of which have a classy look.

— There is a menu which anchors to the top, good for contact and about info.
    — The main header (middle) menu is great for navigating your sellable work.
    — The bottom menu is for secondary locations (such as user end license agreement).

Give it a spin and let me know how you like it. We are still working on it.

See my and Chromaco’s site as examples:
    http://www.clipartillustration.com/
    http://www.teamclipart.com/

Other changes:
    — Trying to set up menus is no longer like solving a murder mystery.
    — Bootstrap updated.
    — Updated Font-awesome
    — We’re now using SASS for CSS.
    — Plenty of visual refinements.

When this version is done, its hoped that we will have a good intermediate version getting us into the new multi-site symbiostock.

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

when I click on the teamclipart link I appear to be logged in as “Leo” 🙂

other than that, looks great..

btw Leo,

my site stopped sending emails.. no emails are being sent now and this also started out of nowhere..

no registration, confirmation or contact form emails are being sent.. nothing.. not even to my junkmail folder..

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

I now tested both contact form 7 and fast and secure contact form and despite both saying “Your message was sent successfully”, none actually delivers the emails..

it must be a theme issue since both forms fail..

I used to receive all the emails… lately it was a bit problematic and everything was going to my junkmail folder.. and now, nothing works..

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

I had same result — my 3.3.4 version sends contact7 forms as expected; the site at 3.3.8 form never arrives though it says it did

also, I need to urge once more that the version numbering be changed — these little changes run up the major version number and are scaring people — the change from 3.1to 3.2 should have had significant changes, not just some minor tweaks. instead the 3rd number should just increase to 10, 11, etc that’as the industry standard and when people see v 1 go to 2.1.1 then soon after 3.01 and up to 3.3 it gives a poor impression of the stability of the program

as it stands now, people have no idea whether they should install a new versio0n, and whether the changes are substantial or cosmetic

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Thanks.

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

@cascoly wrote:

I had same result — my 3.3.4 version sends contact7 forms as expected; the site at 3.3.8 form never arrives though it says it did

also, I need to urge once more that the version numbering be changed — these little changes run up the major version number and are scaring people — the change from 3.1to 3.2 should have had significant changes, not just some minor tweaks. instead the 3rd number should just increase to 10, 11, etc that’as the industry standard and when people see v 1 go to 2.1.1 then soon after 3.01 and up to 3.3 it gives a poor impression of the stability of the program

as it stands now, people have no idea whether they should install a new versio0n, and whether the changes are substantial or cosmetic

+1

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Qual, do you have email problems? I need to know who has email problems so I can address it properly. I checked and I’m not seeing the same issues. Its especially surprising considering I’ve done nothing to the emailer or anything related to it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.