Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

I am currently in the process of setting up another webstore (not stock) , and am hoping to open in a few weeks. I purchased a theme for it through Mojo (tip: never do this they don’t have the most up to date versions, do not provide support, and do not give the refund promised by the theme creators (although they have said they will give me another one instead but am waiting for that!).

To be able to download all the modules that should have been available with the theme you have to register it with the theme creators – in their faqs they say to send them xy and z so I did, only to get an automated email asking for exactly the same as I had already sent them. This took a week to get sorted. I picked that particular theme as it had a blog included and for the product I will be selling that will be useful but that module was not included in the download from Mojo.

Loaded theme and got assorted error messages throughout the store, some I could fix (because of things I had learned here) others I could not so went to their forum and asked for help. Got a reply

Theme:Send us your site, ftp and cpanel details and we will fix your site.

Me: I declined to send them all my details and gave them more information about the problem(s)

Theme: Send us your site, ftp and cpanel details and we will fix your site.

In the meantime I had tried to load the blog which totally demolished my site, no access to front or back-ends, installing backups did not help and nor could Justhost, and they did try. So being me I just started deleting things though the cPanel and reloaded everything. Eventually got some semblance of the site back although again without blog and the original problems had disappeared.

Me: Told theme creators I had managed to fix (well they had gone !) the original problems but I had some more, and that the blog had caused fatal errors (pages and pages of them)

Theme: We are fixing your site, thank you for your patience

Strange ❗ I had not given them any details about my site so how were they fixing it.

Me: Thank you, how are you fixing it without having log in details or giving me information to do it.

Theme: We are fixing your site, thank you for your patience

Me: After the blog again caused fatal errors: I cannot get the blog to work, this message happens, can you help.

Theme:Send us your site, ftp and cpanel details and we will fix your site.

Maybe they could have fixed it but going by some messages I can see (you can only see part of the forum until they confirm you have purchased one of their themes) and most of the messages from client are switched to private.

Makes me so appreciative of the support we receive here

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Sorry about the crappy experience you’ve had. I guess WordPress themes are the wild west and sometimes you get hornswoggled by fast talkers 🙂

I had one bad experience with a plugin I purchased from Themepunch via Code Canyon (part of Envato, the folks who own PhotoDune, the stock photo site) where things weren’t working well and they asked for an admin account to take a look. At the time I was horrified that a complete stranger might royally mess up my site and wasn’t willing to do that. I moved to a different plugin and decided to write off the $13 as the performance was terrible.

I have since been willing to give one other plugin developer an admin account to look at a problem – I think it’s a pretty standard approach for solving WordPress problems – but I was still rather nervous about it. And that was just for a plugin!

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

This is with an opencart rather than wordpress theme but I still have not received my “replacement” so am writing it off and am looking for another one. Now I am looking very closely at the support given before I look at the themes to see how helpful the developers are. I think I have found one via Themeforest which is part of the same group you got yours from Jo Ann, hopefully it will go well this time.

The only person I have given access to is Leo – oh and Plrang when he was working on his plug-in as I felt I could trust them. I should thank everyone here who has given me admin access to their sites for trusting me with that information :mrgreen:

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.