Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of yuliang11
    yuliang11
    Participant

Hi , i’ve just uploaded 300 photos via ftp and ran the “process upload”. I get only 30 photos in the process images with no more options. I keep pressing the process uploads however it seem not to be responding anymore. I waited 30 mins there are still 30 photos on “process image” while the remaining 270 is still on my FTP folder.

any solutions ?
    Modify message

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

I have only every uploaded 50 at once, would it be worth stopping that upload and trying fewer at a time?

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I’d look at file names (in your FTP software) to see if there are any with odd characters (multiple periods, for example). If so, make a directory somewhere else – make another connection window if your FTP software supports drag and drop; I use Fetch which does – and move the offending files there.

Then try again to process what’s left. If it still doesn’t work, move all but 10 of the files out and see. If that works, add back 10 files or so at a time and process. At some point you’ll find a batch that doesn’t work and it’ll help you narrow down the file name or type – are these all JPEGs?

Profile photo of simi
    simi
    Participant

@yuliang11 wrote:

Hi , i’ve just uploaded 300 photos via ftp and ran the “process upload”. I get only 30 photos in the process images with no more options. I keep pressing the process uploads however it seem not to be responding anymore. I waited 30 mins there are still 30 photos on “process image” while the remaining 270 is still on my FTP folder.

any solutions ?
    Modify message

I was also facing process upload issue once , i guess it can be same.

please follow this link – viewtopic.php?f=5&t=565

Most probably your files are uploaded at content/upload area in text/generic format , please go to content/upload area and see what is file type, if file type is other than jpeg then you have to delete those files, for deleting those file you login at bluehost and go to same location where files resides or you can use filezilla , in filezill as well you can see file type and delete it.

as per my observation , because of following scenario images are being uploaded in text/generic file type.

1) if you transferring file using FTP , and not using “bin” mode
    2) i use ftp whenever file size is more than 10MB, as unable to upload image through file up loader even my file up loader is enable with ImageMagick , so when i do ftp , i change the file extension from ” .JPG ” to ” .jpg ” and ” .JPEG ” to ” .JPEG” , large size .JPG extension storing file in text/generic mode , this is happening to me , not sure if this is happening to other symbio member or not , but when i googled i saw other people also faced this issue, uploading via filezilla in bluehost and justhost. SO CHANGE THE FILE EXTENSION TO smaller extension.

Regards
    Simi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.