Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Ok guys, bear with me. Please dont take this the wrong way, its not meant to be dissing, I am not knocking the work that has been done so far, its meant to inspire the perfect solution.

I really like the preview on Shutterstock. Its not following the cursor. I find the zooms I see on Symbiostock sites too jittery, too busy, too intrusive. The one on Shutterstock is nice and stable and static. I like that. It gives a much more professional feel.

The preview on Shutterstock loads after a second and it positions itself next to the image, and stays there until the cursor hits another image, but its not moving with the cursor. That snap effect, is what I want, that makes it much more calm, and less intrusive. A big preview stuck to your cursor is not what I want, but I DO want a preview. I am even willing to pay for it, if there is a good one out there. Or being developed.

Who has any idea? Who can develop this? Is there already something out there we missed?

Edit: I am talking about having previews on this page http://semmickphoto.com/image/

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

I am not visiting another site just to see how they do their previews but the Syxtra one loads fast, if you move the cursor to the next image that one loads and the first one disappears (check out the square images on my front page). If you move your cursor around it will move with it a little but there is no need to do that. Am I misunderstanding you again?

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of ShazamImages
    ShazamImages
    Participant

You might want to bring this up with plrang. He is the one that created SyXtra (which has the zoom feature). Maybe he can figure out a way to modify the plugin so that it will work the way you want.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

@christine wrote:

I am not visiting another site just to see how they do their previews but the Syxtra one loads fast, if you move the cursor to the next image that one loads and the first one disappears (check out the square images on my front page). If you move your cursor around it will move with it a little but there is no need to do that. Am I misunderstanding you again?

Unfortunately yes, thats not what I meant 🙂 If that preview would snap next to the image, it would be perfect. Checkout what happens on Shutterstock, thats what I want, it might be a simple adjustment in the SYSxtra plugin to do that.

http://shutterstock.com/g/semmickphoto its a lot calmer. Its not moving the preview when cursor moves.

You always move the cursor when you are moving over the images, and constantly there is a preview moving along when doing that. I want a static preview.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

I pointed Art to this discussion, lets see what he says. If we can get a few people to donate, he might be willing to put some time in it.

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

@Semmick Photo wrote:

I pointed Art to this discussion, lets see what he says. If we can get a few people to donate, he might be willing to put some time in it.

I agree with Ron on this and will be glad to donate in advance to encourage this improvement.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Edit: I am talking about having previews on this page http://semmickphoto.com/image/

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

The SYXtra version loads really quickly because it first loads the small thumbnail it has already loaded with the page. Once the bigger, clearer version has been downloaded, it replaces the stretched popup preview with the better version.

Don’t believe me 😉 Watch a thumb load without your watermark and then magically it is replaced!

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Even more important would be a sectioned full resolution preview. That’s the only way for the client to make sure he gets good quality images. Like the one at FAA. It’s not only a good way to build trust but it also might avoid customer complaints after purchase.

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

@redneck wrote:

Even more important would be a sectioned full resolution preview. That’s the only way for the client to make sure he gets good quality images. Like the one at FAA. It’s not only a good way to build trust but it also might avoid customer complaints after purchase.

I’d love to see that implemented. It’s a nice way for buyers to see if focus is where they *need* it to be.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.