Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I’m a big fan of minimal 😀

Here is a screenshot preview of the new site.

The new Symbiostock site is going to be much prettier. This screenshot is only the tip of the ice-burg, but I thought you might enjoy the simple and refreshing look. If I had my way, I’d apply this appearance to all the symbiostock sites 😀

It will also guide you to up with a site as well as the other one did.

(right-click and save to desktop to see it better)

Profile photo of THPStock
    THPStock
    Participant

I’m liking all the work that’s going into Symbio at the moment Leo, well done mate. 🙂

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I have to admit that I’m not a fan of the menu icons with text being the same color (blue) as the Symbiostock logo. I think it takes away from the logo.

I’d rather see the icons/text in a grey tone and maybe turning to this blue when hovering the mouse over it.
    But that’s of course only a very personal opinion.

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

I like the cleanliness of it. However, it’s still heavily weighted towards Symbiostockers rather than buyers. If I was a buyer I’d wonder why I had to start my own Symbiostock site.

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

@shelma1 wrote:

I like the cleanliness of it. However, it’s still heavily weighted towards Symbiostockers rather than buyers. If I was a buyer I’d wonder why I had to start my own Symbiostock site.

I think that’s a very good point! The new sites will come on their own, if the system is producing sales.

I’d rather everything the public sees be related to sales, not attracting new artists to the group.

Profile photo of THPStock
    THPStock
    Participant

I tend to agree, that symbiostock.com should really have a buyer focus.

Perhaps symbiostock.org can be the contributor segment, and the .com the buyer focus?

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

^ I agree.

As I’ve mentioned before, IMHO, the SYM.com main page should have stock agency look of the SYM network, big image slider, show feature images from network contributors (that can be also based in that suggestion of ad budget #4), have the free network image, video, illustration, whatever of the week to attract buyers, visitor and spread SYM.com, and for the wiki, want to be a contributor, and so on, just small links on the bottom. As pointing to the forum, download and so on. As THP said, the SYM.org should be for contributor segment.

Well, just my opinion.

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

@lucato wrote:

^ I agree.

As I’ve mentioned before, IMHO, the SYM.com main page should have stock agency look of the SYM network, big image slider, show feature images from network contributors (that can be also based in that suggestion of ad budget #4), have the free network image, video, illustration, whatever of the week to attract buyers, visitor and spread SYM.com, and for the wiki, want to be a contributor, and so on, just small links on the bottom. As pointing to the forum, download and so on. As THP said, the SYM.org should be for contributor segment.

Well, just my opinion.

I totally agree, that would be a reasonable way to use the .com and .org domains.
    And I like the idea of an image slider, featured images, etc on symbiostock.com .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.