Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Hi guys,

We need a community decision about Scrolling network search results

Discussion here http://www.symbiostock.org/topic/269/scrolling-search-results/

Below your own search results appear the search results of your network. These images are presented in scrolling sliders. The question is Scrolling network search results – ON or OFF ?

What do you think?

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

As mentioned elsewhere, off, with the provisio that clients can still scroll manually

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

I am all for choice 🙂

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

I voted off but I would prefer the choice to have it on or off if it’s possible.

Jo

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

@cathyslife stockphotos wrote:

Neither, i would like them displayed like local results, like ajt suggested. No scrolling.

Actually this is a very good option! I second it! I feel too much distraction is not good. It begins to turn an elegant commercial site into a flea market with too much bling bling going on!

Profile photo of ShazamImages
    ShazamImages
    Participant

Neither, i would like them displayed like local results, like ajt suggested. No scrolling.

+1

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

they should still be able to scroll.. but manually.. arrows could be bigger 🙂

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I would like to see only one block of images from all network partners, not every one separately, with the option to manually scroll to see more.

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

One block of images may be a good visual presentation but is that going to be confusing to buyers?

If all images are together I think the expectation is that if you select one and add to cart, go back, select another and add to cart then they are all going to be in the same cart when in reality you may have jumped to two other sites.

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

@klsbear wrote:

One block of images may be a good visual presentation but is that going to be confusing to buyers?

If all images are together I think the expectation is that if you select one and add to cart, go back, select another and add to cart then they are all going to be in the same cart when in reality you may have jumped to two other sites.

Yes. I suggested this in the other thread…

What about showing one row of non-scrolling images with a heading of the site and a see more here link after the row of images?

The link could link to their site, as well as the images that show.

Ahh – I was visualizing your suggestion differently, as just one single row, not one row per site with the heading. I like your suggestion.

I notice the way it works now if an individual has a lot of images matching the search word the scrolling repeats the same group of about 18 or 24 images then you have to go to the next page for that artist so it’s a manual action to see more anyway.

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

I would like to see the button above the results be live. So, for example, if I see global Symbiostock results, I would love to be able to click that button and see all the results on the global Symbiostock page, rather than having to click a specific image (hard to do because they scroll by so quickly) and be taken only to that image’s page. Same for individual sites…I would love to be able to click that button and go to all the Christmas (for example) results on that person’s site.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

@klsbear wrote:

Yes. I suggested this in the other thread…

What about showing one row of non-scrolling images with a heading of the site and a see more here link after the row of images?

The link could link to their site, as well as the images that show.

agree – we need to be able to show there are more results, but we don’t want to swamp the hosting site – , so a ‘click for more’ seems a reasonable compromise

I have the option for collapsing ‘similars’ on my global searches – i’ll be expanding that to automatically take place when there are more than X results (probably 500 but maybe less). clicking on the similar now takes you to that site to see the others

Profile photo of Matt
    Matt
    Participant

Off definitely.

Now everyone is beginning to upload their ports in force it’s slowing down search queries from within the sites.

Also it would be no bad thing to encourage site owners to ‘Rank’ their images so the best six are seen first. Keep the arrows by all means as long as they don’t load up image queries in the background, best to keep database queries light IMO.

Profile photo of Matt
    Matt
    Participant

Bump.

The network search results should be a high priority, the grads are interfering with being able to click through to the image.

Sorry Leo, I know your busy.

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

Yes, I find it nearly impossible to click an image. Really should be turned off. 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.