Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of farbled
    farbled
    Participant

So I chucked both my old sites because I haven’t worked on them in months and months and they were getting buggy and weird. They were:
    photominingstock.com/earth
    photominingstock.com/food
    photomining.com/s

I’m consolidating and building a new one from scratch at http://www.photominingstock.com which will have all my images from all niches, once I figure out how to fix my download area. 🙂 Slow but sure…

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Hi and Happy New Year
    That will probably be easier than trying to manage three sites !

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of farbled
    farbled
    Participant

I hope so. Can’t make my download area work though. I’m fine right up until (as a customer) I pay, the payment goes through, but I don’t get the Sym email nor does the image move to the download area. I’ll keep hammering away at it.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Hello, happy to see you.

Is it an intermittent problem? Some sites have the issue, some don’t.

– Do you have security software presently active?
    – In your consolidation, did you merge data/images between the two sites?
    – Is your paypal account a pro one?

Profile photo of farbled
    farbled
    Participant

Hiya Leo, no worries really. I completely deleted my old sites and installed from scratch. So no merging.

Paypal, I’m premium and have no issue making payment and an email to my test buyer account. However I do not get a customer Sym email with a download link and the cart image won’t move from the cart to the download area.

I had wordfence, but saw other say in old threads that it interfered so I turned it off.

I currently only have one image, and I thought I’d get it all functional before I did any mass uploading.

Again, no worries. I am more playing than anything. I’m waiting for your next Sym iteration so I can do other WP themes. 🙂

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

The new version will really not even resemble this one – it uses pre-created packages which have stood the test of time.

It you are hoping to get some images active before the new version let me know – there are a few things to check.

Broken HTML (often caused by custom HTML being improperly inserted) can prohibit some things from being posted properly. Another common cause is the IPN beign blocked by a separate entity such as a spam blocker. Thirdly, and hardest to figure out, there is the paypal account itself.

The way I solve this is by activating a little testing module found in the IPN script itself. If a transaction occurs, it will write to a text file the details. If not, you can be assured it might not even be making it that far.

Its a slippery subject, but if you are in need I can give it a look.

Profile photo of farbled
    farbled
    Participant

I think I will wait and see what the new one is like. That way I’m no re-creating the wheel. I can afford to be patient. 🙂

Profile photo of farbled
    farbled
    Participant

Fixed the download area issue (fixed being trying it over and over again til it worked). Somehow sacrificed all the payment/download emails to the customer and to me thought. 🙂 Ahh code. How I love and hate thee…

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

I updated your info in my network so the new site is active as one of my network partners.

Profile photo of farbled
    farbled
    Participant

Thanks Karen, I’ve added you too. Now I guess I better get some food photos up there soon. 🙂

Profile photo of farbled
    farbled
    Participant

If anyone wants to register on my site, please try it out and let me know if you find any issues. Or if you want to test the cart, please give it a go. There’s one food picture for 50 cents and of course I will refund it. Just let me know. 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.