Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Michal B
    Michal B
    Participant

I tried to do it the way that photocreo.com is the base site, minimalistic, with good looks (for my taste 😉 ) and the place from where people might get to my fineartamerica site and my symbio site. Thus the symbio site is under the domain stock.photocreo.com

What do you think about both and the way I did it ?

Thanks!
    Michal

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

You have some lovely work 🙂

Regarding the sites, when I go to photocreo, the first view is all text – an odd thing for a visual artist, IMO. Minimalistic could mean picking just one lovely image to fill the page, but as you’re not a writer, I think filling the page with words is possibly not the best way to introduce yourself.

I link to my FAA site from my Symbiostock site, so I do think that makes sense to connect the two.

As far as the symbiostock site, there is some odd wording (I find the “dear visitor” greeting a little jarring, but perhaps that’s just me :)) and some odd titles for images – for example one I found said “Spring field with flowers and blue sky Colorful buttefly spring field Royalty Free Image by Photocreo Michal Bednarek” and this one appears not to have had any metadata, so it has default title, description and keywords – meaning your lovely image will never be found – and you have it as one of your featured images

http://stock.photocreo.com/image/stock-image-by-photocreo-michal-bednarek-38/

I think cleaning up any images that are missing keywords would be good thing to give a high priority to or you’ll wonder why no sales for those images.

The only other thing I happened to notice is that on an image page (i.e. I clicked on one of your featured images from the home page) I couldn’t type in the search box. I switched the search from image to blog and back and then I could type in it. It worked fine on the home page with no fiddling around. Chrome browser on Mac OSX 10.8.5

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

Love your logo. Love the bouncy slideshow. Very cheerful site (Lobster is such a fun font). Love the colors. I also think you should showcase more of your photography. Maybe every other slide could feature a big photo? And I don’t think the slide with your fine art is doing your work justice. Do you have a photo of a house interior? Maybe you could “hang” your fine art on the wall and show it off in a slide. One of my friends is a painter and promotes his work on Facebook with his art “hung” in a stylish living room. Looks awesome that way.

Profile photo of Michal B
    Michal B
    Participant

You are both right! I love your suggestions and I will definitely think about having more of visual aspect on photocreo.com. Jsnover, what wording would fit better instead of ‘dear visitor’ ? I’m not a native speaker, although I try hard 😉
    As far as Lobster goes, I love the font too, my only fear is that it’s so popular that my logo won’t stand out…

1. Cleaning up the metadata issue is of the highest priority. Btw, I’m wondering why several images were stripped of metadata while uploading to symbio hmmm….
    2. The search field is inactive indeed when on an image page… I’m on Firefox, Win 7. Extremely awkward….
    3. The idea with fine art on the wall is great!

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

@michal B wrote:

Y..Jsnover, what wording would fit better instead of ‘dear visitor’ ? I’m not a native speaker, although I try hard …

It’s not incorrect English – just a little over-familiar and “I want to be your best friend” 🙂 I would suggest “Welcome to PhotoCreo’s stock website” or “Welcome to Michal Bednarek’s stock imagery” or even just “Welcome!”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.