Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of THPStock
    THPStock
    Participant

Just got this message from Paypal:

“Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). Instant Payment Notifications sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://thpstockphotos.com/…/symbiostock/ipn/paypal_ipn.php”

HELP!!?? Whats the problem here? I haven’t changed anything and tested this only a few weeks ago. Any ideas?

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

THPStock
    Participant

Wow ok now I am even more confused.

I just checked my paypal IPN history, and I have had about 7 failed IPN attempts in the last 28 days, as well as two currently retrying. I thought these must have been Symbiostock clients that never ended up purchasing due to failed attempts, but no…

When I check the “IPN Message” section it shows that all of these fails and retrys are from the agencies that have paid me this month. That’s where it blows my mind, because along with the failed attempts it lists the “notification URL” as http://thpstockphotos.com/…/symbiostock … paypal_ipn.php” – Why are agency payments being referenced through symbiostock?

Have I set something up wrong? Should my IPN Notification URL under Paypal’s settings be point to that symbiostock page?

I found this thread: http://www.microstockgroup.com/symbiostock-technical-support/paypal-instant-payment-notification-warning/

But I’m not sure EXACTLY what I should have, or if this is still current. I see that the path may have changed over time so I have updated that, but Should I have IPN turned on in Paypal, and if so what should I enter in the URL?

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Very likely (you being a classic case from day 1! congrats) your getting that because in the beginning we set up IPN in paypal…after that we learned how to utilize it via sending the notification url during the transaction.

Check your paypal IPN and see if you have the old IPN address there.

If its not there, do a test payment and verify that things are working as last you checked.

THPStock
    Participant

@leo wrote:

Very likely (you being a classic case from day 1! congrats) your getting that because in the beginning we set up IPN in paypal…after that we learned how to utilize it via sending the notification url during the transaction.

Check your paypal IPN and see if you have the old IPN address there.

If its not there, do a test payment and verify that things are working as last you checked.

You’re dead right Leo. Classic case of first in, most issues! 😉

But please tell me very clear – What should I have in my IPN Notification URL? And should I even have Paypal IPN turned on at all?

My current settings are:

Current settings
    Notification URL http://thpstockphotos.com/symbiostock_ipn/
    Message delivery Enabled

THPStock
    Participant

Just bumping this…

Leo, can you please tell me clearly what I should have in that field as asked in my post above?

Cheers

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

If I’m not mistaken, you can keep the IPN url blank.

Its been months, but do this:

Go into paypal, instant payment notification (IPN)

Attempt to leave IPN ON with the IPN url blank. If it won’t let you leave it blank, then its safe to say you can turn it off.

Then do a test purchase…it should work fine.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

I get similar warnings from paypal — yet my tests have gone thru fine from another paypal account

HOWEVER – that other account never got a download email & the purchased image stays in the cart! and I don’t get anything about the purchase from my sysm paypal address other than the paypal notice

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.