Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

Leo, I have a few suggestions.. I hope these are easy to implement.. Symbiostock is already very good.. but not perfect yet..

I think we need some very small touches that will make the whole thing simpler and much better for customers..

Here are the issues that have been bothering me since day one..

Issue 1: the need to refresh after every single purchase really makes it complicated and awkward for customers..

Solution: There is a very easy solution that will eliminate this need…

– create a dummy paypal return page similar to this image:

– When people click on that button, send them to the actual customer area:

This way, there is no need to tell them to refresh.. They won’t even notice the problem.. “refresh process” will be completed without telling customers to refresh..

Issue 2: Sometimes, registration and confirmation emails are very late to arrive.. I don’t know what’s causing this but it happens.. problem comes out of nowhere.. just randomly..

Solution: Skip the confirmation email.. Let people register right away..
    – let them enter the details, and create a password during registration..
    – if this is done, we won’t have to worry about the confirmation emails.. They will be able to buy without waiting for late confirmation emails.. This is how it works on my other store and I am pretty sure that I never missed a customer there.. on symbiostock, I am not so sure..

Issue 3: on the purchase confirmation email that is sent to the customers after they made a purchase, there is a weird “r” 🙂

under the “Price” column, right after the price of the image, there is that “r”

just like this: 5.00 r

What’s that “r”?

Solution: Remove it 😀

I have been meaning to post these issues for weeks now.. Finally I did find the time to properly explain them..

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

several of us have asked to make registration optional, or at least get rid of the email

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

@cascoly wrote:

several of us have asked to make registration optional, or at least get rid of the email

I know, but I am not asking to make it optional.. I think it is necessary 🙂 just get rid of the email..

I don’t mind if there is an optional cookie cart though.. They are all good features to have..

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@cascoly wrote:

I have a cookie cart on my http://www.symbiostock.com — believe me, its a nightmare you want no part of.

Profile photo of gow27
    gow27
    Participant

@cidepix wrote:

@cascoly wrote:

I know, but I am not asking to make it optional.. I think it is necessary 🙂 just get rid of the email..

I don’t mind if there is an optional cookie cart though.. They are all good features to have..

+1
    I agree on this issue

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

From another thread: I think it’s important to allow customers to choose their own password to sign up and log in.

Profile photo of tdahl-stock
    tdahl-stock
    Participant

@shelma1 wrote:

From another thread: I think it’s important to allow customers to choose their own password to sign up and log in.

+1

No Email and allow them to set there password at registration.

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

It’s especially important because the Symbiostock network will quickly become unwieldy for buyers if they need to receive an email and different password for every Symbiostock site, when they can choose their one password and shop thousands of ports at the micro agencies.

Profile photo of THPStock
    THPStock
    Participant

+1 for cidepix’s first suggestion.

I just had to purchase an image at Stockfresh the other day for the first time and this is EXACTLY how the process works over there. A big link saying something like “get your downloads” on the page that paypal returns you too. It’s very logical.

Oh and also +1 for removing that stray “r” 🙂

Actually, make it a BIG +1 for all his 3 opening suggestions. They would improve things quite well.

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

I support anything that makes things logic, look better, and easier.

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

Thanks to Leo, issue 2 is history now! 🙂

So far, when we talked about image licensing platforms, usually 3 solutions were mentioned the most: k-tools, cmsaccount and symbiostock..

while others had some more refined features, symbiostock clearly stood up with it’s networking aspects.. that alone, made it a clear winner for me.. BUT NOW! Not only that symbiostock has a powerful networking aspect, it’s also evolving into the best solution ever feature-wise 🙂

I will still raise my concerns about “issue 1” 😀

it is what will make symbiostock buying process “amazing” 🙂

Profile photo of Matt
    Matt
    Participant

Much, much prefer Symbiostock to Ktools, CMS account and even Photoshelter.

Much easier to get the site looking good and use, I’ve bought and used the others and Symbio is the only one I want to put my energy into now 🙂

Profile photo of Natalia
    Natalia
    Participant

Copy from microstock.group (http://www.microstockgroup.com/symbiostock-suggestions/feature-request-list/75/)

Suggestions are related to customer’s cart:
    1. I would like to have an icon “add to cart” for any picture in a search result, as there is a button “zoom” when I do mouse hover.
    2. Possibility to select a different size when a picture is in the cart. (as in fotolia)
    3. When I zoom a picture, I would like to have, again, a button “add to cart”, as there is a button “go to picture page”.

Is it possible?

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

@natalia wrote:

Copy from microstock.group (http://www.microstockgroup.com/symbiostock-suggestions/feature-request-list/75/)

Suggestions are related to customer’s cart:
    1. I would like to have an icon “add to cart” for any picture in a search result, as there is a button “zoom” when I do mouse hover.
    2. Possibility to select a different size when a picture is in the cart. (as in fotolia)
    3. When I zoom a picture, I would like to have, again, a button “add to cart”, as there is a button “go to picture page”.

Is it possible?

items 2 & 3 are already in place

item 1 would be confusing — when I user clicksw on the image they get the fulkl image display which allows them to add to the cart

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.