Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I’ve had my domain since 2006 and always tried to gain exposure through SEOing to my best knowledge.

Anywho, I set up Google Webmaster Tools for my Symbiostock site (installed on the server’s root folder) and my sitemaps appear properly indexed as well as some other data.

For some reason, certain detailed stats are not available such as:

– Search Traffic -> Links to Your site
    – Search Traffic -> Internal Links

while Search Traffic -> Search Queries gives me all details about Google searches that lead to my site additional stats like:

– Google Index -> Index Status
    – Google Index -> Content Keywords

are empty.

Is this normal? Am I missing something? What else do I have to do to get that missing information especially the details about “Links to my site”.

I know that other Symbiostock users have an extensive list of other Symbiostock sites linking to them.

I’m grateful for any information that could clarify this.

Thanks.

Profile photo of Easybuyphotos.com
    Easybuyphotos.com
    Participant

I do have links to

Search Traffic -> Links to Your site and
    Search Traffic -> Internal Links

around 950 and 850 links

All I did was pasted the Google code into my Symbiostock site, that is about as far as my software skills go. I’m sure somebody will come by and help you more than I can with the technical stuff.

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Try Google analytics as well as webmaster tools

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

@easybuyphotos.com wrote:

I do have links to

Search Traffic -> Links to Your site and
    Search Traffic -> Internal Links

around 950 and 850 links

All I did was pasted the Google code into my Symbiostock site, that is about as far as my software skills go. I’m sure somebody will come by and help you more than I can with the technical stuff.

Oh boy, I know that I once pasted some code into my Symbiostock site as well. I think it was part of Google Analytics.

I ‘m using Google’s Analytics Dashboard for WP in my back end to see all the latest data which is really cool.

However, I discovered the “Links to your Site” feature in Google’s Webmaster Tools but it still doesn’t give me any stats.

Just now I connected my Google Analytics account with my Webmaster Tools account. No idea how this is beneficial or necessary as my Webmaster Tools for my site was already (partially) working7set up?!?!

No idea what the particular differences are between Analytics and Webmaster Tools. It all looks the same to me… somewhat. Not that I need to know that, I just would like to get data about other sites linking to mine…

Any ideas?

@christine wrote:

Try Google analytics as well as webmaster tools

I’ve been running both for months and I thought they were set up correctly… ugh

Profile photo of Easybuyphotos.com
    Easybuyphotos.com
    Participant

Yes I have both too, I did struggle figuring getting the code into the right place but it is working for me.

Profile photo of ShazamImages
    ShazamImages
    Participant

@stockphoto-images.com wrote:

Any ideas?

I took a look at the page source for one of your pages and it seems that you have four different Google Analytics scripts.

My website only has one script for Google Analytics.

@shazamimages wrote:

@stockphoto-images.com wrote:

Any ideas?

I took a look at the page source for one of your pages and it seems that you have four different Google Analytics scripts.

My website only has one script for Google Analytics.

Whoops, I just checked and this shouldn’t be like that. I’m taking a look at it now.

The last two code blocks referring to Analytics are coming from the Elegant Zazzle Widget. I coulnd’t find any settings inside the widget to change or configure it. So I’m lost how to deal with it as I would like to keep that plugin… :O

The first Analytics block is coming from Yoast’s SEO plugin which should be fine.

I have no clue why the second appears in my code…

@cathyslife stockphotos wrote:

I just added you to my site sat or yesterday. If it doesnt show in webmaster tools, maybe on the next crawl?

Thanks Cathy, I will keep an eye on it.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

pretty sure you have to have analytics running to get reports thru webmaster tools — make sure you’re verified

sometimes the verification stops and you should see a warning on web tools about that; I’ve had it go out on my smugmug acct several times now

@cascoly wrote:

pretty sure you have to have analytics running to get reports thru webmaster tools — make sure you’re verified

sometimes the verification stops and you should see a warning on web tools about that; I’ve had it go out on my smugmug acct several times now

Both my Analytics and Webmaster Tools accounts have been verified and show data, but not all data…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.