Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of beast01
    beast01
    Participant

Hi , I can’t get the Emails and notifications plugin to work . When I register I get the “Registration successful! Your cart area is here.” but I get no emails on either address ( admin or guest ) . All my themes and plugins seem to be updated (SS 2.9.4 ) .

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

It’s a silly question, but do you have a valid e-mail address filled out for your admin account (Contact info)? and did you check your spam folder?

Want to post a link to your site so people can take a look and see if they can help figure this out?

In this thread there were some issues with Wordfence blocking some people. Could this be the case in your site?

http://www.symbiostock.org/topic/486/new-user-registration-problem-resolved/

Profile photo of beast01
    beast01
    Participant

First things I checked when it didn’t work . I have my email in Symbiostock/Settings/Correspondence info and my admin account and nothing in the spam folder . I tried registering with various mail addresses and still nothing . Wordfence is installed but I haven’t activated it yet .
    Maybe I should mention that I’m not with Bluehost . I checked many of the sites in the SS network and the loading speed was terrible . If I was a paying customer I would’ve left right away without even considering buying . So for me the choice is either a fast and reliable host or no Symbio at all . One of the sites ( don’t remember the name ) was hosted at Byethost and the speed was excellent . So right now I’m using their free hosting and when everything is ready I’ll go for premium . The problem is that I have opened several support tickets ( first one is dated 4.11 ) and they are all still pending .
    Back on topic – I can’t be sure that the problem comes from WP/SS . It’s possible that it’s some disabled for the free hosting option .

Profile photo of beast01
    beast01
    Participant

I just got a reply from support . Apparently due to spam abuse mail function for free hosting is very limited .

Profile photo of beast01
    beast01
    Participant

A little update . I went for premium hosting and now everything works as it should , both sides get their emails . I even did a test purchase after enabling the auto return in paypal and it worked great .

Profile photo of beast01
    beast01
    Participant

@cathyslife stockphotos wrote:

@beast01 wrote:

A little update . I went for premium hosting and now everything works as it should , both sides get their emails . I even did a test purchase after enabling the auto return in paypal and it worked great .

Glad you got it sorted. I can’t remember, are you on bluehost? I was looking at their other plans last night and I didnt see a Premium, only a Pro. Just wondered what that Premium plan is. I might be making a change myself next year.

Byethost. Bluehost’s performance – speed and uptime are terrible. Most of the sites I visited took forever to load. I’m sure that it drives potential SS customers away and people shouldn’t pay for that kind of service.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.