Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

This happened some time back, and since it’s not “critical,” I haven’t mentioned it. But… somewhere along the way, I lost the ability to rank my image 1, 2, or 3.

Now what happens, no matter what ranking I put on my images, is that the latest ones show up on top. Has anybody else had this situation? Anybody know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows something about this and can help.

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

My ability to rank just disappeared a few minutes ago, along with my ability to choose which prices are active or inactive, and my watermarked preview of whatever file I’m editing…a whole section of the editing page is gone.

marthamarks
    Participant

@shelma1 wrote:

My ability to rank just disappeared a few minutes ago, along with my ability to choose which prices are active or inactive, and my watermarked preview of whatever file I’m editing…a whole section of the editing page is gone.

Yikes! Makes me think I jinxed you. Sure do hope not. Well, now, there are two of us with the same issue.

I’m gonna go check my page to see if I have your other problems.

Edited:

Well, no, it doesn’t seem I have those same other issues. My pricing and viewing of watermarked previews is fine.

And actually, I don’t think your ranking issue is the same as mine. I *can* rank my images, but they don’t turn up grouped that way on search pages. Even images I rank #3 show up at the very top of the page if they’re new. The ranking system just isn’t working for me.

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

Yes, I have the same issue you do (ranking doesn’t make a difference since I upgraded, newest files are shown first), as well as the chunk of the editing page now gone missing.

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

OK, apparently I clicked something accidentally and closed that portion of the editing page. All better now. But my images still show up by age rather than ranking, like yours do.

marthamarks
    Participant

@shelma1 wrote:

OK, apparently I clicked something accidentally and closed that portion of the editing page. All better now. But my images still show up by age rather than ranking, like yours do.

OK, so we’re seeing the same thing. I have to think others do too.

Anybody else got the same issue? Or is it just us two wild women? 🙂

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Is ranking still working? I seem to remember that it did not work for the global search and Leo said something about removing it but that might have been my imagination

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of RuthBlack
    RuthBlack
    Participant

Not working for me either, hope it’s a glitch and not a feature, as I think it’s a really useful tool

marthamarks
    Participant

Me too, Ruth. It was great being able to specify which images would show up at the top in a search. Without that, the user’s experience is mostly a mish-mash that the site owner has no control over.

Christine, I don’t remember any discussion of this at all. But… there was a month when I was away and not paying much attention.

If the feature has officially disappeared, we don’t need the option in our editing page to choose a ranking. It is still there, so hard to believe is not being supported.

Profile photo of Juliet
    Juliet
    Participant

I also have this problem. I can set the rank, but it does not work. The photos list newest first regardless of the rank I assign. I really liked having the ranking system, when it worked.

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

The ranking worked until I upgraded. It seems to have disappeared in the newer version of Symbiostock. I also think it’s very useful. I’d love to get my best work back up at the top of the search results.

Profile photo of ShazamImages
    ShazamImages
    Participant

I could be wrong, but if I remember correctly, there was a bug in the display of thumbnails when the rank was used as the sort order. Basically, the same thumbnail would show up multiple times on different pages.

So the fix was to change the sort order to date.

I believe that this change might have been added to one of the new versions.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.