Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of LesPalenik
    LesPalenik
    Participant

Leo has created great piece of software as it is, but one can always think of something extra. Here is my wish list:

1. In the Process Images function, add a log file for each batch that would contain the following information:
    – Date and Time of Upload
    – Date and Time of Process function
    – Original (Uploaded) Old Image Name
    – New image name/id
    – Image Size

This data could be written to a simple comma-delimited file that could be downloaded or used optionally by some kind of a reverse utility to create a local backup of the symbiostock-rf folder.

2. Expand current image sizes to 5 or 6 instead of current 4. Now, that some shooters have 24 or 36MP files, these file sizes could be priced higher and might be preferred by some buyers.

3. In the Edit Images screen, if possible, add a small image thumbnail somewhere in the header. Right now, when I’m editing an image, I always have to scroll down, look at the picture to know which image I’m editing, and then I have to scroll up again. Having the picture visible immediately after loading the information into the image Edit screen would simplify and speed up the editing.

4. For each SYM site / user profile, add a field that could store name of the host. This could be imported to Cascoly’s or Ajotte’s lists, so we could quickly find which members are on the same hosts.

That would be useful to locate fellow users on the same hosts to discuss and analyze all sorts of complications. Ability to isolate some problems to certain hosting companies and being able to compare results between multiple users would simplify and speed up troubleshooting and highlight potential incompatibilities for specific hosts. For instance, my hosting company doesn’t support ImageMagick as php extension, only as a binary. I encountered a few other problems that were specific to my host only. Otherwise, I’ve been happy with my host, and if anybody will choose the same host, I’d be happy to assist them in pointing out some of the problems I encountered.

Maybe other Symbiosites can comment or add to this list, and hopefully some of the items can be implemented in the future releases.

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

I’ll chime in with my #1 request at this point: an accessible TRASH page where we could recover files accidentally deleted due to the proximity of the “Trash” link to “Edit” and “Vew”, etc.

Profile photo of ShazamImages
    ShazamImages
    Participant

@lespalenik wrote:

2. Expand current image sizes to 5 or 6 instead of current 4. Now, that some shooters have 24 or 36MP files, these file sizes could be priced higher and might be preferred by some buyers.

+1

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

FOLLOW UP:

I just deliberately deleted (“trashed”) a file from my SYS images page. (Decided the image didn’t measure up to my SYS standard.)

And then, lo and behold, I noticed this at the top of the page: Item moved to the Trash. Undo

Hey! I thought. There’s my solution!!! And then… how come I never spotted that before???

Just for fun, I clicked that “Undo” link. Thought, wow this is exactly what I needed a couple of days ago.

But then I got this message: You are not allowed to restore this item from the Trash.

So… hmmm. Is there a reason why I’m not allowed to restore an item from the Trash on my own website? I’m really curious now!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.