Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of alila
    alila
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    I just started my Symbio site today and got stuck at the uploading image stage. Apparently my browser does not have Flash so i do not have the flash uploader option. And for the FTP i use Filezila but not sure how to use it with the location address. Usually when uploading to agencies there is a host name, then user name and password. I must have missed something obvious ?

here is what i got so far with my site http://www.alilamedicalimage.com/

Also, another question: how can i change the font size for my text, as you can see they are tiny right now.

Thank so much for your help and i look forward to be a member.
    Alila

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

For your second question – be sure your using a child theme like Dragonfly or the default child theme. (http://www.symbiostock.com/dragonfly-new-symbiostock-child-theme/)

Upload that and make it your primary theme. Keep the base theme of Symbiostock available (do not delete it) since the child theme only alters it – it does not replace it.

With that mentioned, here’s how to address the fonts:

Go to admin->appearance->editor and add this at the bottom of the CSS:

html{
    font-size: 16px;
    }

Different fonts size differently so adjustments have to be made.

First question:

Agents restrict you to a specific folder, and automatically place you there. Symbiostock can’t create an FTP specific directory for you – you simply have to navigate or do it through CPANEL.

So to navigate, simply log in with Filezilla and you will see the top directory of your site. Then follow this path down the folders:

wp-content -> plupload -> uploads

Profile photo of alila
    alila
    Participant

Thank you so much, Leo, for quick response. The font size is fixed.
    For the the FTP however i dont understand how, i never had an account with filezila, i only use it to upload to agencies which does not require me to log in.
    And i actually do have Flash in my browser, so dont know why it does not show in upload image option, i do prefer upload direct file by file.

Profile photo of shotupdave
    shotupdave
    Participant

Filezillia is a free ftp program. You can download it from here:

https://filezilla-project.org/

Profile photo of alila
    alila
    Participant

I have Filezilla, just dont know how to use it in this case.

Leo, did you mean log in to cpanel? i did find the wp-content, but there is only “uploads” folder, not plupload, i tried to upload one image in there and it does not appear in the process upload.

Profile photo of alila
    alila
    Participant

Ok i figured out, i added an FTP account in the cpanel and use that log in info for filezilla and uploaded a test image and it is there. It does NOT read my IPTC though, is that normal? but i am happy to be able to upload so far.

Another question here please, i got this message :

This theme requires the following plugins: Category Meta, Related Posts by Taxonomy and SYMBIOSTOCK – Emails and Notifications.

Do i have to get all those plug-in ?

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Your IPTC should be read, but I think it’s the missing plugins that might be why that’s not happening.

I don’t remember having to get those plugins separately – I thought they were installed when I installed Symbiostock. Is it possible that you have them and they’re deactivated?

You can get them – for example here for the taxonomy plugin

http://wordpress.org/plugins/related-posts-by-taxonomy/

I don’t have the Category Meta plugin (but I haven’t upgraded from 2.6.5 yet, so possibly that’s something new?

Profile photo of alila
    alila
    Participant

Ok, so far so good with the uploads. It did read the IPTC, just doesn’t say so in the upload page but after processing i see it.

Now, i have done 2 test purchases with the help of my friend. And this is what happened :
    – First, for account registration, the email that is sent to customer is from bluehost email address and it goes to his spam folder. Is there any way to change it to my site email?
    – Second, for the purchase, both times: customer pays with a credit card in paypal and does not want the paypal account registration option when asked and both times after that page Paypal says : Sorry your last action could not be done (or something like that), however we both received email from paypal about the transaction so it is gone through. The customer does not receive any email with link to download. When he logs into his account on my site and goes the the customer management area the item is still in the cart just like before the payment, but if he scrolls down there is “Your licensed images” and the file is there and he can download it.
    I just started yesterday so i got the latest 2.8.2 version, however i dont know what is my php.
    For paypal i just put my email address in there, did not change anything in the IPN and did not set up the return url, do i have to do that? the thing is i set it up for my Photoshelter site before, although right now i am not using Paypal for my Photoshelter site anymore but i might switch back in the future so i prefer not to touch it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.