Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

I think the extra sites for promoted keywords is limited to five?

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of ajt
    ajt
    Participant

All network results are limited to 15, and regular network is limited to 10. If you have used all 10 network slots, 5 sites from extended network can appear. If you have only one site networked, up to 14 from extended network can be displayed. Every time no more than 15 🙂

Profile photo of scenicoregon
    scenicoregon
    Participant

This brings up the things I don’t know about promoted keywords, namely, how many forms of words do I need to include.

For example, can you have compound words (like “Crater Lake”, “Mount Hood”, “Oregon Caves”, “Mount Saint Helens”), and if so, does it treat each compound word as one word or multiple, or do you have to separate the words out (like “Crater, Lake, Mount, Hood, Oregon, Caves”)? Similarly, if I have “Oregon Caves”, and someone searches for just “caves”, will my keyword be excluded from the search?

Does it treat a capitalized form of the word as a separate entity from the lower-case form of the word? For example, would “Cave” (capitalized) show up in a search for “cave” lower case, and vice versa?

How about plural forms– does it know those, or do I have to include them (example: beach, beaches, butterfly, butterflies, landscape, landscapes)?

I know you get only 40 words, they run out fast when you have to include all the multiple forms.

Anyone know?

Profile photo of ajt
    ajt
    Participant

All items before comparison are converted to lower-case, so case doesn’t matter.
    Compound keywords are recognized, but only as a whole. If you have “Oregon Caves” and want “Caves” to be recognized too, you have to include it separately. Plural and other forms are treated as different, so they should be included all, if you want them.
    I think that 40 keywords is enough, you should put there only most important items.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

@ajt wrote:

All network results are limited to 15, and regular network is limited to 10. If you have used all 10 network slots, 5 sites from extended network can appear. If you have only one site networked, up to 14 from extended network can be displayed. Every time no more than 15 🙂

And if there is a particular site whose work you don’t care for – for whatever reason = that you see showing up in network searches, you can use the marketing tab to exclude those sites (check the box) and they no longer show up in network search results initiated from your site. I’ve done this (i.e. I’m not making this stuff up!) and seen the results go away – but I’m not sure if this is the intended behavior of the marketing tab check boxes or not. In other words, I don’t know if this will always work or if it’s just a happy accident that works at the moment 🙂

Profile photo of inaquim
    inaquim
    Participant

hi,
    How can I index my site – stockphotoinaquim-in search engine deSymbiostock?

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant
    Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

@ajt wrote:

have you checked the results reported above when searching on scenicoregon.com? the results from my site don’t show up under my site name, but under the sym…info banner

also, when I search for ‘oregon’ on my site, I get no other network results, even though scenicoregon is in my network

Profile photo of ajt
    ajt
    Participant

I was trying to figure out what happens.
    Sy.info shows your images, bacause they are indexed there and it is ok, but your site also should appear.
    I added scenicoregon, your site and sy.info to my test site and everything is working as expected:

http://ajotte.com/symbiotest/?s=oregon&post_type=image

Rick: can you list here all plugin that you have installed? Where is your hosting?
    And try to delete all your network partners, save, and add them again, but in different order.

scenicoregon
    Participant

I tried deleting Cascoly and adding back. Moved the order around. So far, all of my partners are appearing but Cascoly, even though I know I’m searching for terms he has as keywords, though I don’t know if he’s promoted them or not. For example, if I search Yaquina, I get his results, but only in the Symbiostock Global, not separated as just his. He does show up when I go to my author page and list my network partners.

Plugins:
    Contact Form 7
    Jetpack
    Related Posts by Taxonomy
    Slideshow
    Symbiostock- emails and notifications
    Updraft Plus
    Wordfence Security
    Wordpress SEO
    wp- category-meta

scenicoregon
    Participant

Oh, I forgot this bit-
    I Gate.com hosts my site

Profile photo of ajt
    ajt
    Participant

How did you add http://cascoly-images.com/pix to your network?
    Was it symbiocard uploaded via network page, or simply site address entered into free slot?
    What is happening, when you check “Update Symbiocards” and Save? Are they updated, or site waits endlessly?
    And what happens when you delete this site and enter it again (typing address, not uploading symbiocard)?
    I am trying to determine, if Cascoly site is accessible from your host. Some servers sometimes have problems with connections (related to dns servers they use).

scenicoregon
    Participant

I think the first time I used the url method, and it populated the info on the form right away. This last time, thinking that may be part of the problem, I downloaded his Symbiocard and then uploaded it, and again the the form populated right away. I deleted Cascoly and then added him back using the url method again, it repopulated the info right away.

Then I went over to the marketing tab to confirm I hadn’t excluded him accidentally. To my surprise, he is not listed in the directory. I do find him listed down below, in the Enqueued Seeds list (“will be added or updated”). This makes me wonder if something has happened to his status within the network somehow, but I don’t really understand the marketing page all that well, other than that I can exclude some sites from showing up in the search.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

i’m getting paranoid!

btw — you can see anyone’s promoted keywords at http://cascoly.com/symbio/list.asp?list=31

my promoted keywords are fairly generic – like ‘Oregon’, since I have so many different areas to cover

Profile photo of ajt
    ajt
    Participant

Rick: I am not sure, but it seems that your site has problem with connections. Contact support at gate.com, and tell them, that your site is using curl and it timeouts, when trying to get file from cascoly-images.com/pix. Probably it can be dns problem.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.