Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of scenicoregon
    scenicoregon
    Participant

Hmmmm…I fear something has gone terribly amiss, and that my site is no longer fully connected to the Symbiostock network.

Here’s what I’m seeing:
    1. I no longer get emails about my public network info being updated (I have another thread about this, as well). I used to get them almost daily, if not daily. I’ve been adding pictures almost daily, and updating manually, yet still no notifications or emails. Does this only happen when it is done automatically, and how do I discern whether it is still updating automatically?

2. ScenicOregon.com no longer appears at all on the Cascoly Alexa page: http://cascoly.com/symbio/list.asp?list=66. It is like my site is no longer part of the network. My site appeared on this page the last time I checked, a few weeks ago.

3. The Symbiostock Network news panel on my website is completely blank. It is like my site is no longer getting that feed or is no longer connected to that part of the network.

4. Emailed updates from forums have stopped. This may be due to the forum migration, we’ll see if I get updates if anyone replies to this thread or others I’ve started recently.

5. However, my pictures still show up in the global search, and ScenicOregon.com is still listed as an indexed site on that page.

So…how do I find out if all is well or not, and if not, fix it? Thanks all who offer help!

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

I’m not by any means an expert on this network stuff but I tried a couple of searches and I see results for you and other network sites so that is working. I registered as a test too. Did you get the email telling you there was a new registration? I did not get a welcome email right away (i will let you know if get it later).

Did you check to see if somehow your email address that is listed in your site data has changed?

scenicoregon
    Participant

Thanks, KLSBear, I did get the new user registration email, and when I checked using my contact form, I get those, too. Not showing up on Cascoly’s Alexa page is just plain weird.
    Thanks

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

I did get the registration email so that is working. You may want to just reach out to Cascoly direct. I noticed you were not on the master network list either so something may have happened that dropped you off the list. If that is what is being used to pull the Alexa results it would explain why you’re not on the Alexa list too.

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

Bumping for Leo -this was reported earlier and ties in to the post tonight about someone else no longer being indexed on AJT’s search site. The other poster indicated they had been on before and dropped off to so something may be buggy about this

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I think this was resolved too

I’ll ask AJT if something on our end is causing it.

scenicoregon
    Participant

Ah, so sorry, I did hear from Leo and Steve (Cascoly) about this. It was a weird confluence of events, part of it being something at Steve’s end (which is why my site wasn’t showing up on the master list or Alexa list). This is all sorted out now, I’ll endeavor to mark this one as SOLVED in the title. Thanks all.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.