Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

As many know, I’ve complained in the past about unreliable performance on the general hosting service from Bluehost and having decided to really take my Symbio site seriously and get all my images on there, I also decided to invest some money in its performance.
    Here is a graph of 5 minute page load request of my site over the past 30 days with BlueHost:

6 seconds is a long time to wait for a page to load, but 12-15 seconds moves it into the “I’m outa here” category. I couldn’t see how a busy buyer would put up with that.

I thought about BlueHost’s own VPS offering, but I wasn’t sure about the technical support I would get, so I completely switched to ServInt. I’ve known some of the senior guys there for many years, and they were very happy to talk for an hour or more about the different issues with hosting. Then their technical team handled the entire transition from BlueHost, were very responsive and highly professional as I worked through a few issues, and now I’m running at between 2-3 seconds of page load time. I blogged about my experience on my site if you want more details: http://www.backyardsilver.com/2013/11/symbiostock-change-hosting-provider-gain-sales/

All I need now is to get all my images uploaded and get those buyers!

Steve

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Congrats! I made this step 3 months ago and I’m very happy I did.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.