Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

I have been setting up menus and have come up with a quandary ….

Because I do both I have a photos menu and an illustration menu in my top bar, I added a category so that I can select this and therefore I get them under that only.
    Is there any way I can have a drop down menu under there where for example I can have photos of cars under photos and illustrations of cars under illustrations?

Also I see we have an option for a side menu …. how do you get that to show up ?

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

You can have menu items under a header – just one level deep though. So you can go to edit the menu in WordPress (Appearance->Menus) and add categories or a page (that’s how my categories gallery is handled) or a URL to a menu. You get to pick the text for the menu so it can be a duplicate – Cars under Photographs and Cars under Illustrations.

You can make a new menu – again in the WP admin interface – and then assign it wherever you want. I’m not sure where you want to put it, but you can see an example in my test site:

http://testing.snovers.com/

click on Blog menu on the home page and you’ll go to a page with the custom menu widget placed in the sidebar on the right with some images as menu items.

Is that what you wanted to do?

Profile photo of Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

I did that JoAnn, but if I have illustrations on the menu, if I put category cars under it, I get both vectors and photos … I was trying to get only vector cars under vectors … Hmm I think I might have worked it out …. off to experiment

Profile photo of Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

Ok what I have done is made sure I had for example “vector” and “transport” in the keywords … then did a search … this then gives me a results page. I take the link for that page and create a menu item with the link under the heading of Vectors
    This will then give a page of vector transport images (only one so far).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.