Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of stevephoto
    stevephoto
    Participant

I noticed yesterday that in Media Library I have no mini pic or other thumbnails.
    Anybody else finding this?
    I haven’t made any changes or additions to the site in several days but got a notice that I was automatically upgraded to WP 3.7.1.
    Otherwise my site seems to be fine.

Steve

Steve
    http://www.softlightstock.com

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I have the entries in the media library but no thumbs showing in the list. If I edit or view that minipic I can see it. I know at some point in the past I used to be able to see Symbiostock uploaded images in the media library, but I almost never go to the library (I looked after I read your post) so I have no idea when these disappeared.

I was adding images in the last couple of days to a gallery plugin that I’m using to make a visual browse categories page, and those images show up in the media library list with thumbnails. I looked at the earliest images in the media library (from my blog, prior to this being a Symbiostock site) and they have thumbnails.

In other words it appears to be just the Symbiostock thumbnails that the list view doesn’t display.

As you said, site operation appears to be fine. I did a manual upgrade to 3.7.1 a few days ago.

Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

Me too. The only thumbnails that show are manually uploaded ones i.e. logos, watermarks and separate blog entries.

Any images for sale don’t show. But yes, I question whether it’s of any significance to site function.

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

@stevephoto wrote:

I noticed yesterday that in Media Library I have no mini pic or other thumbnails.
    Anybody else finding this?
    I haven’t made any changes or additions to the site in several days but got a notice that I was automatically upgraded to WP 3.7.1.
    Otherwise my site seems to be fine.

Steve

I just looked in my Media Library and I have the *-minipic.jpg files. I’ve been uploading every day for the last 4 or 5 days and so far they all have thumbs on my end. I know it doesn’t help much but I am up to date with all versions of WP and SS.

The only thing I can think of is how are you viewing the files? If you click just above the files list and on the Titles (File/Author/Uploaded to/etc.) they are links and will sort out the list as per what you click. So it could be they are sorted alphabetically and on the next page or further along? Or by date or similar.

Jo

Profile photo of stevephoto
    stevephoto
    Participant

thanks for the replies.

Jo,
    I don’t have any problem with image files it’s just the thumbs in the Media Library and the only ones visible are the same as what Russell reported the Unattached Images show, none of the others no matter how I sort them.

Steve
    http://www.softlightstock.com

JoRodrigues
    Participant

Oh I think I understand now. The actual image files in the media library aren’t showing themselves as thumbs. I also don’t get them now, however, if I click on “Unattached” I DO get thumbs showing for that list of files.

Jo

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Try going to a Page and looking at the media file from there. I think you will find they are showing. Russell posted about this the other day. If you look in Media File without going to a Page first only the images directly uploaded to the Media file show

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

JoRodrigues
    Participant

No the actual media files are just fine. The Media browser just isn’t showing a small preview for them. It doesn’t affect the site at all but it does make it more difficult to manage the files if you need to delete etc. I think this may be from the last WordPress update.

Jo

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.