Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

I have been wondering a while why images are so poorly found.
    If I search my images on Google then mostly FAA comes up first and the images of another “fun site” I have and then on my Symbiosite. On FAA I always just copy my “description” and “keywords” from my symbiosite so that doesn’t make the difference.

I remembered playing around with the Lynx browser, I am a Linux fan, which gives your site in text version. So, I suppose, basically how Google could see it.
    On my image pages I have the “Similar images” widget. Lynx show these images as 204-minipic for example, wouldn’t it be better that an Alt tag is used.
    It could be me but Lynx doesn’t even notice my watermarked preview image and this worries me the most, is this the reason my images are hardly found on Google?

Maybe I really don’t understand SEO but I rather have my images to be found on my site and not on FAA or my funsites and certainly not on stock companies.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

adding an alt tag is a good suggestion — I do this for the global search, and the contact sheets it produces

Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

@jan wrote:

On my image pages I have the “Similar images” widget. Lynx show these images as 204-minipic for example, wouldn’t it be better that an Alt tag is used.
    It could be me but Lynx doesn’t even notice my watermarked preview image and this worries me the most, is this the reason my images are hardly found on Google?

So for me the disturbing thing is that my watermarked preview image is not seen!
    Do you suggest that to manually add Alt text to all the minipic’s. Why doesn’t Lynx see the watermarked preview image?
    In the Category menu I see at least “image 1693” but no mention of a image on my sales page!

This is how Lynx sees my image pages. I was told that Google reads the pages on a similar way.
    [attachment=2:26sfcegf]Screenshot1.jpg[/attachment:26sfcegf]
    [attachment=1:26sfcegf]Screenshot2.jpg[/attachment:26sfcegf]
    [attachment=0:26sfcegf]Screenshot4.jpg[/attachment:26sfcegf]

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

just guessing, but maybe lnyx is just getting the minipics directly from their folder

to get the previews indexed the sitemapper needs to create and image sitemap — which is what leo’s plugin does. most sitemapping apps don’t do images

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.