Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

So, a pregnant friend of my son’s wants maternity pictures… I have now lined up my first stock shoot in about 2 or 3 years (with a person!) in exchange for some nice portraits. We’re still setting times but we’re also planning on newborn stuff. I’ve gotten very used to shooting things that don’t talk back so this shall be an adventure in knocking off the rust…and boosting the volume of my portfolio. 😉

Profile photo of Easybuyphotos.com
    Easybuyphotos.com
    Participant

@dianajo wrote:

I’ve gotten very used to shooting things that don’t talk back so this shall be an adventure in knocking off the rust…and boosting the volume of my portfolio. 😉

Congrats…………………..it’s like riding a bike it’ll all come back to you!

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

I sincerely hope so.

It’s funny, in Alaska it was way easier to get photo shoots set up with *attractive* models/non-models on TFP. In the Seattle area…I get rates more often than not…from people with zero industry experience.

I’m excited, nervous and trying to figure out how to move the furniture around in the house so I can have an area big enough to shoot in. Even if there were room in the garage it’s too cold to put a pregnant lady out there! She’s due the first week of November so we need to act fast!

Easybuyphotos.com
    Participant

I have done both white background and room based shots not isolated and I much prefer the room based shots, standing near a north window with maybe some sheer drapes makes for a nice set and a reflector or fill flash opposite the window. We have been having a heatwave here in Ontario, Canada with daytime temps of 20 to 24°C. I have two shoots this coming week an indoor and outdoor with models. Best of luck.

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

I need to dig into my fabric tubs and see if I still have white sheer for a set. I’m leaning towards a white bg with my light peach undertoned leather sofa set in front of it as one option. However, I’m not sure how the couch will come across in photos, it’s roughly 20 years old…so not very new. I should do a test shot and decide. Blah. I can always fall back to isolated on white and/or drag her to a location to do some outdoor shots…assuming I can get a day with no rain.

I’m having one of those, “I wish I had a bunch of Ikea furniture to build a set from” moments.

Easybuyphotos.com
    Participant

Funny you say Ikea, I bought some white Billy bookcases on sale, a few go a long way to make an “office”.

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

If you pay attention to tv sets a lot of the sets are made up of ikea pieces.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.