Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

I have been having this problem for over a month now and had to post about it at some point.. so here it is..

– I no longer receive emails when a new user creates an account or makes a purchase

– the user only receives the registration email with password but NO emails for them confirming their purchase.. no email with their download area links..

– only emails that actually work are the ones sent out by paypal..

haven’t started a thread before as it didn’t directly effect my sales.. all this started out of nowhere.. I updated wordpress and symbiostock to the latest versions to see if it solves anything but… NOPE! it doesn’t..

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

This seems related to the general email/signup issue. I’ll check into this again. May need access to your admin at some point.

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

@leo wrote:

This seems related to the general email/signup issue. I’ll check into this again. May need access to your admin at some point.

Leo, you are an admin now..

the buyer received the email with download area link a day later..

but I didn’t get anything.. I wouldn’t know what they bought without the cart manager..

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I’m doing some updates on the theme today. I’ll get back soon.

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

Leo I have seen a new version and updated my site..

was it an update to solve this issue?

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Yes – please let me know if its resolved.

The analytics system was using up too much memory in mysql queries. The side effect is that emails do not get sent out if load is too high.

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

it works now..

but new user notification email goes to junk every single time..

I marked it as safe but it doesn’t help.. they still go to junk..

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I’m not sure if I have any control over the junk mail aspect. I know that has been discussed in the past though.

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

@leo wrote:

I’m not sure if I have any control over the junk mail aspect. I know that has been discussed in the past though.

I agree with that..

but for some reason those emails go to junk instead of the inbox.. I have no idea what’s causing it..

who knows, at some point they might start going back to inbox again, just as they started going to the junk for no reason.. 🙂

Profile photo of dp69_2001
    dp69_2001
    Participant

@cidepix wrote:

@leo wrote:

I agree with that..

but for some reason those emails go to junk instead of the inbox.. I have no idea what’s causing it..

who knows, at some point they might start going back to inbox again, just as they started going to the junk for no reason.. 🙂

If the e-mail comes from a web address other than what it says it’s coming from, or if it comes from your own e-mail address, it will be marked as junk.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.