Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Snap Vectors
    Snap Vectors
    Participant

Hello. I’m trying to improve my registration and checkout process. I want to simplify it and make it easier for customers to get in and get out. I’ve gone through the process myself multiple times to make sure it works, and it just seemed harder than it needs to be.

I’m worried that I may be losing customers who don’t want to go through the process. Currently, they have to create an account, have the password emailed to them, then log back in to buy the image. I realize that the process is necessary, but it seems like it was easier to buy images on other major stock sites I’ve purchased from in the past.

Does anyone know of any plugins or tips that make the process simplified for customers? Colin and Linda McKie recommended the WP Social Login that allows customers to login via one of their social media accounts. Are you familiar with any other plugins?

Thanks!
    Nate

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I had this post in mind with the most recent update. Now signup is instant.

Snap Vectors
    Participant

Woohoo! Thanks Leo!

Has that update already released or is it an upcoming update?

Thanks!
    Nate

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

It has been released already. Version 2.8.9.

Snap Vectors
    Participant

Thanks Leo and Redneck!

A stupid question…. How do I upgrade. I can’t seem to find it in my admin area.

Thanks!
    Nate

Profile photo of MinkyMooMedia
    MinkyMooMedia
    Participant

Go to Appearance and then Themes and under the main symbiostock theme you should see the word Update, It should say the latest version is 2.8.9.

Snap Vectors
    Participant

Thanks!

I’m running the Clean Theme, version 2.0.0, and it shows as my Current Theme. The main Symbiostock theme only shows as one of the “Available Themes”, and I don’t see the Update button or link.

Can I not upgrade if I’m running the Clean Theme?

Nate

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

@Snap Vectors wrote:

Thanks!

I’m running the Clean Theme, version 2.0.0, and it shows as my Current Theme. The main Symbiostock theme only shows as one of the “Available Themes”, and I don’t see the Update button or link.

Can I not upgrade if I’m running the Clean Theme?

Nate

My understanding is Clean Theme has not been upgraded to work with the 2.7+ versions of SYS. Leo has mentioned on at least one thread he does have a version that seems to work (somewhat?) for those that have licensed it. Don’t know what proof/etc you need to show Leo to get that, nor do I know how well it works.

2.7 came out about when I started so I was about to purchase, but didn’t when it became clear it wasn’t working with the new version.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.