Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RuthBlack
    RuthBlack
    Participant

Hi

Apologies for repeating myself but I’m moving my query from the MSG forum as I’m not sure that Leo checks it anymore.

Basically a lot of my images appearing in Google Image Search link to a page of (sitemap) code instead of my website, and also the message appears “This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.”

I originally thought it was being caused by my changing the titles of images but have discovered that’s not the case.

Strangely it seems to depend on how the image is searched for on Google Images –

Using the search terms “sparkler cupcake site:ruthblackphotography.com/” if I click on the first image and then on “visit page” it links to the sitemap.

However if I do the same search without the word “cupcake” and then click on the same photo it links to my website.

Also depending which search I do, the image title appears differently in Google Images (the screen grabs are below)

(In Google Images I can tell which ones will link to a sitemap as they all have image numbers and hyphens in the titles.)

Really hope someone can help as I feel I’m going round in circles here trying to figure it out!

[attachment=1:gw2lyt1a]sparkler cupcake search.JPG[/attachment:gw2lyt1a]

[attachment=0:gw2lyt1a]sparkler search.JPG[/attachment:gw2lyt1a]

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

If its a glitch on Google’s side then its hard to say what might have caused it – if it is local or just them.

On the other hand, try deactivating a few non-essential plugins and trying to follow the search results again. It could be that a redirect is happening randomly.

Profile photo of RuthBlack
    RuthBlack
    Participant

Thanks Leo, I’ll give that a try.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.