Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ramzon
    Ramzon
    Participant

Haha! Problem solved!

And I’m stupid. I tried to uninstall plugins, fixing special characters, looking into the code, deleted all my images and started from scratch. All done by the book…

Except…

Reinstall the theme…

Problem solved with special characters! Well, atleast for now. But I will check each batch of images I upload to see if the problem will come back, in that case I will know what maybe will cause the problem. But hopefully it won’t come back and we all can live happily ever after!

Thanks for all the input! Really appreciated!

edit:

Found it!

It was in my translation of the site. If you use Å, Ä or Ö in the change page text (Previous & Next) it messes up. I wanted to use “Föregående” and “Nästa” and they both includes special characters. So i solved it by just replace it with “<<>>” so my swedish customers will understand.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

We’ll have to remember this – I’m sure it will happen again at some point 🙂 Glad you’ve sorted it out and >> and << seem like a very customer friendly choice.

Profile photo of ajt
    ajt
    Participant

@ramzon wrote:

Found it!

It was in my translation of the site. If you use Å, Ä or Ö in the change page text (Previous & Next) it messes up. I wanted to use “Föregående” and “Nästa” and they both includes special characters. So i solved it by just replace it with “<<>>” so my swedish customers will understand.[/b][/color]

Some time ago I made a fix, but it isn’t yet in theme. It was for German and Portuguese versions (for Lucato), but with Swedish should work too 🙂

If you want to use “Föregående” and “Nästa”, edit file inc / classes / network-manager / communicator.php:

Line 258 in communicator.php is:

$symbiostock_xml->createElement( “page”,htmlentities($page) ) );

change it to

$symbiostock_xml->createElement( “page”,htmlspecialchars($page) ) );

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

I ran into similar problems using the csv files to add images & keywords to the my global search — special chars really mess up comma delimiting — xmls are easier, but there are still problems.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.