Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

What do you guys think of doing an image of the week on the Facebook page? I’d do it like the site of the day…first-come, first-served. Each week one person would nominate 3 of his/her favorite images from his/her own site, and we would vote on which is our favorite, which would then be featured as the image of the week. I’d link directly to the image on the person’s site, so it would show up with their watermark.

Thoughts? Interest?

Profile photo of ShazamImages
    ShazamImages
    Participant

I think it is a good idea and would definitely be interested.

I would suggest doing (multiple) images of the week. For example, maybe five images per week (one from each website).

There are currently 132 sites. If you only did one image per week, then it would take almost three years for each website to rotate through. And by then there will probably be a LOT more sites. At five images per week, it would take about a half year to rotate through the current number of sites.

Another suggestion would be to have people submit their birthdate (just the month and day – no year needed). Then everyone that has a birthday during that week would get to submit an image. This way it is kind of a birthday gift for the owner of the website.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I don’t know if it’ll be of much interest without some sort of freebie, but I’m happy to offer watermarked thumbs any time and would do an occasional blog sized freebie if people wanted to go that way.

I would suggest that if we’re going to have a few images each week, we try to get a range of subjects and also try to get something for upcoming seasonal events (probably the month before?)

I also think that voting on multiple favorites on a weekly basis may end up being too much work – 3 favorites times 130 sites and a list longer than that poll Leo tried on MSG voting for favorite Symbiostock site!

No one’s going to look at over 300 images on a weekly basis, IMO.

I think we can each pick say 5 of our own images to give a pool from which whoever is posting on Facebook can choose. Perhaps we should be asked to try and pick 5 dissimilar images so there’s a decent variety.

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

Oh, no…that would be waaaay too much. We could skip the voting part entirely and just ask everyone for the best image from their site, and I could post one per week. I was just thinking there are so many great images, it would be great to show buyers the quality they could get through our sites. I wasn’t thinking freebies either, just drawing attention to the work people are most proud of. I think more than one each week would wear everyone out quickly. For me or anyone to go through all 130 sites and choose/vote would be overwhelming. But if people don’t get a little involved, I’ll quickly run out of things to post.

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

I like the idea of just providing Michele our favorite image and letting her mix them up as she sees fit.

Good way to showcase our best work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.