Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Walt Payne
    Walt Payne
    Participant

My site has been somewhat up and running for a while. I think I am as ready as I can be, within the parameters of what I know how to do, what is possible and what I have time to accomplish. So, I am asking for reviews, comments, and critiques. Don’t worry about hurting my feelings, I am a programmer in my day job and I am used to being kicked around 🙂

http://www.waltpayne.photography

Thanks

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Welcome, Walt!

Without diving too deep into the site I’d have to say that the very first impression with that slideshow is not very appealing. The sunset image lacks interest and the butterfly and the cat seem to be horizontally stretched. I’d suggest to use your best work that actually fits into the slider.

Also, I couldn’t find any indication of where you’re located or who you are. The lack of location makes that “Models Needed” page useless. And of course it’s building trust with potential buyers.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Sorry, I’ve found that you’re actually mentioning where you’re located. My bad.

Walt Payne
    Participant

Chrisroll and Andre,

Thanks for the input. When I saw your comments about the slider I realized that my initial attempts to make those images fit the slider were not very appealing. I then realized that it would make more sense to fit the slider to my images. Should have seen that from the beginning. That part is now fixed. I agree with the other comments also and will fix those later today when I get time.

I appreciate the feedback!

Walt Payne
    Participant
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.