Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

I usually check my Webmaster Tools every weekend. This morning, for the first time, there’s a warning.

The “issue” given is this: Some URLs in the Sitemap have a high response time.

The “description” is this: Some URLs listed in this Sitemap have a high response time. This may indicate a problem with your server or with the content of the page.

The “example” is this: http://bestnaturestock.com/image-tags-sitemap2.xml

If you click that link you’ll see a loooong list of URLs, apparently from my site. They aren’t titles of my images. Rather, they appear to be keywords, so I assume this is how Google indexes them.

But, I don’t understand what this warning means or if I’m supposed to do something about it. Anybody know?

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Just resubmit the site map, it will go away again, dont worry about it. Its not doing any harm, there is also nothing wrong.

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

@Semmick Photo wrote:

Just resubmit the site map, it will go away again, dont worry about it. Its not doing any harm, there is also nothing wrong.

Great news! Whew!!

Thanks, Ron. You’ve been a big help for the second day in a row. 🙂

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

No worries 🙂

the long response time just means the page took a while to load. Its for an image keyword, so its basically a search return, which sometimes can take longer to load, and then google reports it as an error. the next time it accesses the link it might be fast again, and then the error is no longer reported.

Only if you see hundreds of errors across your sitemaps, you should start asking yourself if something is wrong with your site.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.