Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of innerstock
    innerstock
    Participant

Hello.

I cant figure how to make menu and categories like in the photo posted here. Product categories are the same as image categories? In product categories there are different display type as default, products, subcategories and both. When to use what?

In my site I have got a grey box under the logo, and how to remove this grey box?

Thanks.

Profile photo of Dawn
    Dawn
    Keymaster

Hi there, I can help you with both those issues.

To add a drop down categories menu, follow these steps:

(Note: make sure you have already created your product categories through Symbiostock > Categories)

1) Go to Appearance > Menus

2) Select your ‘Primary Navigation’ menu.

3) In the ‘Custom Links‘ box, add this:
    URL: #
    Link Text: Categories

Then click ‘Add to Menu’ button.

4) In the top right area of your dashboard, you will see a tab that says ‘Screen Options‘. Select Screen Options and tick the ‘Product Categories‘ check box.

Now you will see a Product Categories option show up your Edit Menus area. See this: 

You can select all the product categories that you want and add them to your menu. Select all of them by clicking ‘Select All’ and the ‘Add to Menu’.

5) To create the drop down effect, you need to drag and drop each of your product categories so that they are indented below the ‘Categories’ item that we made in step 3. See this:

Using drag and drop you can arrange them according to the order you want your product categories to show up.

Once you are done, click ‘Save Menu

That’s it for your drop down menu – let me know how you went!

Profile photo of Dawn
    Dawn
    Keymaster

The grey box under you logo is there because you have ‘Icon Menu’ enabled but it has no content added, to it so its showing up as a blank box.

To get rid of it do this:

1) Go to Symbiostock Express > Home Layout

2) In the ‘Homepage Layout Manager‘ section, you will see you have two columns: Disabled and Enabled.

You need to remove ‘Icon Menu‘ from your Enabled column. Use your cursor to drag and drop it into the Disabled column.

3) Click ‘Save Changes

Let me know if this solved the issue.

innerstock
    Participant

Hi Dawn, thank you so much. Really helpful and great explained 🙂 Now I only have to categorize all photos, and it will take some time. No problem!

Profile photo of Dawn
    Dawn
    Keymaster

You’re welcome! Your drop down menu looks good 🙂

Just so you are aware – when you are adding photos to your categories, you can bulk apply categories to photos but there is no way to bulk remove categories. This is a known WordPress problem. I have made a post about it here

innerstock
    Participant

Thanks 🙂

Ok I will be carefully when adding photos to categories. By the way I really like the slider. Thanks for the excellent documentation, without it I would be totally lost!

Profile photo of Dawn
    Dawn
    Keymaster

wow, your slider looks fantastic! I’m so glad that the guide was helpful for you 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.