Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

I wrote this little tutorial this morning after stumbling around a bit yesterday trying to figure out why I couldn’t test the cart and doing some research. It doesn’t appear to be in the Symbioguide, so this is a humble offering to the community. I’m not 100% sure who is running/developing Symbioguide but if you would like to incorporate this, you have my permission. 🙂

http://dianajophoto.com/2013/10/14/creating-paypal-sandbox-account/

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

Thanks very much!!! 😀 I tried the sandbox earlier and just gave it up as a joke. This makes it much easier to understand but Paypal just gave me a whole lot of hiccups. Finally I got it to work, I received the email, the download link, AND it downloaded hehe

I just want to let you know you need to modify your link. It’s missing the :

It should be…

https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/applications/accounts

Thanks again this will help all of us achieve some peace of mind 🙂

Jo

Edit: It annoys me that in a sandbox mode PayPal required a REAL credit card number!

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

Wordpress must have eaten the : because I copy and pasted. LOL Silly WP, I’ll fix it.

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

Just a couple of notes on my experience that may help readers further.

1. I had a few glitches with PayPal but my “Test” account did get created once I tried it out.
    2. You WILL get an error if you are trying to log in via your ACTUAL site account. You must either log out and log in using your “Testing” account or simply use a different browser to log in with your “Testing” account.
    3. You MUST use a completely different email address to your PayPal account. You also need to go check it so you can see if the emails arrive, test your download links etc.

Hope this helps 🙂

Jo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.