Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

Hi folks,

I’m using the SYM theme at http://www.arquivoscriativos.com.br and wonder:
    1. How to create the .csv and what are the columns/files needed?
    2. How to add my site to the symbiostock.info?
    3. I want to understand better the network. I have read around there that you can add other people up to 10 or something like that, so how to achieve it and how to make my site show in other people network?

I have tried some help links, but all are pointing to broken links to wiki like that.

Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

In your WordPress dashboard, click “Symbiostock.” There you can simply add the URLS of the sites you want by clicking the “+” and typing the URL into the box.

By posting here, you can ask people to exchange links with you.

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

@shelma1 wrote:

In your WordPress dashboard, click “Symbiostock.” There you can simply add the URLS of the sites you want by clicking the “+” and typing the URL into the box.

– Thanks Shelma, silly me, I though it was to input just my site address. :0). So, I think this is the place I can add up to 10 exchange links. By adding the exchanged links here, what does it do? Where are these 10 links going to show up?
    – What is the difference in the Marketing tab where I can check the checkbox promote for other sites? By checking it what is going to happen with the sites I’ve checked as “promote”? where is it going to show up? If I check one it will make mine show on that person’s site too?

@shelma1 wrote:

Is there some thread/link for asking to exchange links?

Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of peresanz
    peresanz
    Participant

Network Building

viewforum.php?f=3

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

@lucato wrote:

@shelma1 wrote:

– Thanks Shelma, silly me, I though it was to input just my site address. :0). So, I think this is the place I can add up to 10 exchange links. By adding the exchanged links here, what does it do? Where are these 10 links going to show up?
    – What is the difference in the Marketing tab where I can check the checkbox promote for other sites? By checking it what is going to happen with the sites I’ve checked as “promote”? where is it going to show up? If I check one it will make mine show on that person’s site too?

@shelma1 wrote:

Is there some thread/link for asking to exchange links?

Thanks in advance.

The exchanged links show up at the bottom of the page when someone searches for an image on your site. Try searching for “landscape” on my site, and under my search results you’ll see results from sites I’ve linked to.

I’m not sure about the marketing tab, honestly. I’m sure Leo knows.

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

@shelma1 wrote:

The exchanged links show up at the bottom of the page when someone searches for an image on your site. Try searching for “landscape” on my site, and under my search results you’ll see results from sites I’ve linked to.

I’m not sure about the marketing tab, honestly. I’m sure Leo knows.

Thanks for your reply. I tried the same on mine, and it shows 15 people at random which I didn’t link to. I’m sorry for bothering you again, but do you know if it is the regular behaviour when you don’t have anybody in exchange? Your site shows 12 counting the “Global”. Are these really the one’s you have changed the links or are they at random to on this page? Shouldn’t it just be 10?

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

It’s supposed to only show the sites you’ve linked to, but like you I sometimes get results from more than 10 sites and some sites I haven’t linked to. I’m not sure why. Sorry…

Profile photo of ShazamImages
    ShazamImages
    Participant

@shelma1 wrote:

It’s supposed to only show the sites you’ve linked to, but like you I sometimes get results from more than 10 sites and some sites I haven’t linked to. I’m not sure why. Sorry…

It has to do with promoted keywords (which you can find at the bottom of the Network page).

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

I’m finding the whole Symbiostock networking thing very confusing lately.

We’re supposed to network with the people we want, but other sites can show up because they have promoted keywords (I’m not sure what those are). So we really have no control over what actually shows up on our own site.

We’re supposed to have a limit of 10 connections, but some people have 13 or 14 sites showing up…sometimes.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

right, you can choose 10 sites to link with , but if those don’t have the keyword being searched, then those sites with that promoted keyword get shown (you can still exclude sites in the marketing tab even if they have the promoted keyword)

the idea is to make the best result for the user by finding sites with the images they want — especially when the keyword is uncommon

most people aren’t taking full advantage of promoted keywords – and there are many good seelections with only a few sites (eg, many place names have only 3 or 4 sites – including india, Denmark, china, Canada, Utah, Vermont, new mexico ) see: http://cascoly.com/symbio/list.asp?list=304

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

I’m sorry, but I must have missed something along the way. What exactly are promoted keywords? And how do you go about promoting them?

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

from the sym help
    Network — Promoted Keywords

For promoting your site far beyond your local network. Promoted keywords end up in your Symbiocard.

In certain circumstances, a remote (and unrelated site) may show search results from your site if it knows you specialize in the keywords provided here. Good for “Niche” sites that have specific specialties.

This is one of the strongest promoting features of Symbiostock. Promotion of your site is managed in the “marketing” tab.
    ===============================

actually, you set promoted keywords in the network tab, then can see all of them in ‘marketing’ or my reports on combined PK over all sites

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

Ah! Ok. I did fill in a few keywords there, but I wasn’t sure what it really meant. Now I’ll take another look at them. Thanks!

Profile photo of peresanz
    peresanz
    Participant

@shelma1 wrote:

Ah! Ok. I did fill in a few keywords there, but I wasn’t sure what it really meant. Now I’ll take another look at them. Thanks!

Same here. I filled something there. i will check again now that I know what are they intended for.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.