Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dhodac
    dhodac
    Participant

Hello,

Can someone please help me on how to block image download from slideshow?
    Putting a watermark on it is making the slideshow a bit less attractive.

Thanks so much,
    Daniel

Profile photo of shotupdave
    shotupdave
    Participant

@dhodac wrote:

Hello,

Thanks so much,
    Daniel

you may disable a right click to download a image, nothing can stop anyone from taking a screen shot of the screen. In other words if you want to provide images without watermarks you can get screwed.

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

You can put type over it in a tasteful way saying something about your site. That will make it pretty much useless while also helping with marketing and giving designers an idea of how nice it can look with type on it.

Profile photo of dhodac
    dhodac
    Participant

@shotupdave wrote:

@dhodac wrote:

Hello,

Thanks so much,
    Daniel

you may disable a right click to download a image, nothing can stop anyone from taking a screen shot of the screen. In other words if you want to provide images without watermarks you can get screwed.

How can I disable a right click option on slideshow?

Thanks,
    Daniel

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Disabling right click makes no difference to most people who know how to get around it. Overlaying text is probably the best option

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Here are a couple of things to read about this – but I agree that it’s a complete waste of time and you should probably just overlay some type.

Make a slice of an image that’s appealing, but not terribly useful by itself; make your watermark unobtrusive visually but enough to make the image commercially useless; don’t use your best sellers…

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-disable-right-click-features-like-copy-amp-save

http://www.sitepoint.com/dont-disable-right-click/

Profile photo of dhodac
    dhodac
    Participant

Thank you so much! Overlay here I come!!

Daniel

Profile photo of tdahl-stock
    tdahl-stock
    Participant

Here is how I have handled it. Insert a transparent PNG image file over it.

Since I use Layerslider WP I can have multiple layers. I created a transparent PNG file that the slider immediate covers the image. That takes care of the right click issue. If they right click and try to download the image all they get is a transparent png file.

Another layer transitions text over the image so there is only a short window to do a screen shot without the text. They could still get the screenshot but that is it.

You could have the text layer come in at the same time as the image to fix the screenshot problem.

One positive of using a slider for the text is not having to go back to your image editing software and uploading a new image every time you wanted to edit the text.

-Tim

Profile photo of ajt
    ajt
    Participant

@tdahl-stock wrote:

Here is how I have handled it. Insert a transparent PNG image file over it.

Since I use Layerslider WP I can have multiple layers. I created a transparent PNG file that the slider immediate covers the image. That takes care of the right click issue. If they right click and try to download the image all they get is a transparent png file.

Another layer transitions text over the image so there is only a short window to do a screen shot without the text. They could still get the screenshot but that is it.

But it is still very easy to walk around 🙂
    In Firefox right click somewhere in neutral page area, choose “Show page info” (I don’t have Englsh version of Firefox, so I am not sure if it is “Page info” or something similar), then go to Media, and you have list of all images and even “Save as” button.

Profile photo of tdahl-stock
    tdahl-stock
    Participant

@ajt wrote:

But it is still very easy to walk around 🙂
    In Firefox right click somewhere in neutral page area, choose “Show page info” (I don’t have Englsh version of Firefox, so I am not sure if it is “Page info” or something similar), then go to Media, and you have list of all images and even “Save as” button.

Yea, if someone really wants it they will get it 🙁

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.