Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of scenicoregon
    scenicoregon
    Participant

I’m using the standard Symbiostock theme (3.3.3), with a bunch of css edits to the child theme. I’ve seen quite a few Symbiostock sites with menus in the footer, but when I go to create something similar, the only locations I’m offered are Header, Account, and Sidebar. No footer. I’d like to move things like Contact to the footer where people these days are more used to finding them– but how do you do it?

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

On the left side of the dashboard, under APPEARANCE > WIDGETS… In the Widgets module you’ll see the option for Footer with three sections, 1/3, 2/3, 3/3. Add one of the predefined widgets or add a Text Box widget to the footer section and add text to create your own.

This is the code I put in mine for links:

About
    Image Categories
    Contact
    Licenses
    FAQ
    Blog

The portion above that reads: replace this with your link should have the alpha-numeric short-link for the page you want to link to. It will look like this:
    Blog

To get the short-link for a page, go to PAGES > ALL PAGES and then choose Edit for the page you want to link to. Under the title is a button that says Get Short-Link. Click on that and it will give you the short link.

Editing to add: the word between > < is what will be shown in your menu.

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

That was a much easier way than I used. I have ‘pages’ widgets and spent ages working out which pages to exclude 🙂

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

@christine wrote:

That was a much easier way than I used. I have ‘pages’ widgets and spent ages working out which pages to exclude 🙂

And that pretty much represents my entire coding skills 😀 Somewhere I saw similar code for a link and realized I could alter it for my footer links. I don’t have that locked into my brain’s knowledge base yet so I have to go back and look at my footer if I want to remember how to make links.

Profile photo of scenicoregon
    scenicoregon
    Participant

That worked very well. Just remember to check the box that says “automatically add paragraphs”. I was also able to add widgets for follow buttons (Twitter, etc.) this way.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.